Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Early American Soldiers

US Army troops in the PI used the M1, but the M1 never fully replaced the Springfield rifle. The Springfield was used in every theater from beginning to end of the war by the US Army. The Springfield was used by snipers, because it was slightly more accurate at longer ranges, and it was better for use with the grenade launcher. The M1 production did not allow full replacement of the Springfield so service and support troops often got Springfield rifles in the US Army.

There were about ten US Army soldiers on Wake Island doing electronic warfare or directional navigation equipment work for B17's, depending on the source. I think but don't know they all made it off the island before it fell.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

I was kind of expecting Revolutionary War or Jamestown militia. Shouldn't they have just called the set Early WW2 American Soldiers? There are plenty of American soldiers earlier than those guys. Great set, though.

I love this set. It's listed as "Set 2," so there will be a Set 1? I plan on adding these to my existing metal forces for the Philippines campaign. I have a horde of Japanese and a small force of Americans to re-fight a scenario based on the 1943 film "Bataan." These figures will be a big boost to my Americans.

It would be great for Strelets to produce Philippines Army figures someday.

Now if someone would produce a die-cast of the correct model of M-3 light tanks to pit against Dragon's Type 95s. Also Type 89 tanks would be useful.

Roger Van Dusen
I love this set. It's listed as "Set 2," so there will be a Set 1? I plan on adding these to my existing metal forces for the Philippines campaign. I have a horde of Japanese and a small force of Americans to re-fight a scenario based on the 1943 film "Bataan." These figures will be a big boost to my Americans.

It would be great for Strelets to produce Philippines Army figures someday.

Now if someone would produce a die-cast of the correct model of M-3 light tanks to pit against Dragon's Type 95s. Also Type 89 tanks would be useful.

... and the American tyred version of the Scneider 155mm due from Ace at some stage.

As for Philippines Army figures why not!