Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Artillery Crews

I would like all of the Strelets artillery crews in large numbers.

My need for the various guns is limited.

My collection is as much as 50 years old. Much of the artillery in my collection did not come with crewmen.

I probably need at least 50 artillery crews, 500 men.

I use the WWI British as American Army because the some of the US Army soldiers in WWI wore British uniforms and because post-WWI the US Army uniform often had a British look to it.

Perhaps Strelets could sell crews directly by mail? I don't care about packaging.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Re: Artillery Crews

I'd like to see the artillery crews sold separately as well. And also maybe an expansion - other gun crews: Serbian, French, more German, Romanian, and so on, hot weather, foul weather, in action, in inaction. Should be a plentiful source of subject matter.

And how about limber riders, horse-holders, muleteers, drivers, drivers mates and etc.

PDA - does anyone does a Holt's half-tracked tractor in 1/72?

Steve, yes, Matador Models.

They only do snail mail, but I have had no problems with their service.

Re: Holt Tractor

Steve, more info here:

http://landships.activeboard.com/t51349565/176-holt-75hp-caterpillar-tractor/?page=1

http://matadormodels.co.uk/gw/lists%20GWV.htm

A couple of things immediately jump out to me: although I don't own this kit, I note it seems to be quite old, so I wonder about the quality of the molds, and, it is 1/76 not 1/72.

£21?!!!!!

I could probably buy a real one for that!

But thanks anyway.

Maybe we could try to persuade Roden to get interested

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
I would like all of the Strelets artillery crews in large numbers.

My need for the various guns is limited.

My collection is as much as 50 years old. Much of the artillery in my collection did not come with crewmen.

I probably need at least 50 artillery crews, 500 men.

I use the WWI British as American Army because the some of the US Army soldiers in WWI wore British uniforms and because post-WWI the US Army uniform often had a British look to it.

Perhaps Strelets could sell crews directly by mail? I don't care about packaging.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

To just add to your collection have you seen that Ace are producing
US Cannon de 155C model 1918 and US 155mm howitzer m1918 with pneumatic wheels. Great for early -mid WW2 - also used by Australians in the Middle East

Roden are soon to release a 1/72 Rolls Royce armoured car, 1920`s version, but they have done others in 1/32, so we may yet see a 1917 desert version....and a 1940/1 desert version,fingers crossed.

Yes, I have been begging HaT to do them for 20 years.

I am sure to be buying vast numbers of them.

Increasing the need for artillery crews!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog