Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New box from Redbox Battlefield accessory set

Matelot
Some more jokes on PSR: the Strelets sledge train sets: a 10 for "Historical Accuracy". HILARIOUS!!!!

Dear Matelot, please explain your stetement (and please apologize my ignorance)

No, I won't waste my time explaining what everybody can google. Check it yourself, there are enough pictures in the net. Or even simpler, just look at the box photos...

And if you want to see some acceptable models of sledges, look at those made by the Schillings or the Perrys. Not top notch either, but better.

To begin with, a look at the way how Strelets has attached the bars of the sledges to both sledges and horses is enough to see the "quality" of these models...Definitely not historically accurate. Give them a 5, that's more than enough.

ok, thanks matelot

Each to their own....I'm more than happy with the sledges as a basic wargaming model to add some colour/flavour to my 1812 winter games.

Ironically, I was reading the review on the Russian Sledge Set #2 where PSR lambastes the "useless" poses and I took a closer and thought how great some of them would be as officers and artillery crew for regular and irregular units in winter uniforms....so I immediately bought two more boxes :-)

Regards,
Andrew

I am not sure how the Redbox gabions, palisades, wattle fences etc compare with 28mm scale similar items or scratch building or a bit of both.
For example a bit of both:
Using Milliput or similar make a female mould from either 28mm or 1/72nd scale originals then press mould using freshly mixed Milliput into the hardened female mould. This is great for things like gabions or stone retaining walls when you need lots of them. The Italeri set 6030 has items that are crisply defined and could make good masters. Wooden cocktail sticks and skewers(kebab) always look good for palisades and cheese (Camembert) boxes can provide a variety of flat bits of wood. Those of you who have real wooden fences probably have lots of left over water based fence paint which can be used to authentically colour the cocktail sticks etc.

Stalingrad resin figures do WWII peasant sledges and carts in 1/35th scale.
see
http://stalingrad.diorama.ru/
The horse harnesses on the peasant carts are the same as those that would be used on a 19th c sledge. The Strelets horse harness and collar (correct term)are not too bad but the yoke is missing and the shafts are too crude and should not attach directly to the horse and should articulate up and down not left to right. The pics (see above) show what a peasant sledge should look like with evidence in photos, paintings, models etc to back this up.

David