Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Austin Putilov

Technically, this isn't a WW1 vehicle. The vehicles were supplied from Austin but when the armour plate was inspected it was found to be no good. So the vehicles were rebuilt and re-armoured at the Putilov works and didn't make it out before Russia dropped out of the war.

That's fine for me; it's really the Russian Civil War I'm interested in.

Thanks for the interesting site (also love Landships II). Do you have any plans to include card models? I have the Wayne McCullough Mark V in Red Army colours and the Whippet in White Army livery but it's going to take some concentrated effort to put them together...

Re: Austin Putilov

SteveO
Thanks for the interesting site (also love Landships II). Do you have any plans to include card models? I have the Wayne McCullough Mark V in Red Army colours and the Whippet in White Army livery but it's going to take some concentrated effort to put them together...
I think I might go as far as pointing people towards the card models on Landships. I think the card models are interesting, but it's not really my thing. I'd rather the designers used their ability to make the models as 3D plans that could be printed somewhere like Shapeways, even if it was only little parts to correct the currently available models. For example, I'd like to be able to "print" off a 3D piece to completely replace the rear end of Emhar's Mark IV tanks, and a new roof for Airfix's alleged Mark I tanks would be great.

I've been having a play with Google Sketchup but I'm not getting anywhere.

Of course, the ideal would be for Strelets to make a Mark V from someone's 3D plans.