Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Red Box Alliance Amazons?

Really?

Oh I am not disputing the existence of real Amazon warriors, I am merely stating that Alliance is strictly LOTR style fantasy! I hope you get your RL Amazons, maybe as part of Red Box's regular line? Would love to see more female warrior Picts & Celts too than just the one figure in ESCI's set!

Sounds good! Thanks.

Do they look anything like these?

http://miniaturen1-72.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/production-starts-today-with-female.html

http://s833.photobucket.com/user/chifung_ddd/media/0314.jpg.html

Well now those I would call Fantasy I wouldn't necessarily turn them away though

There are a some awesome sculpts in DDD's photobucket and quite a few I would buy if they were available.

Dark Dream

I have bought some of the Dark Dream Undead.

I'm not interested in Fantasy but these make fantastic Dark Age/Saxon figures for Saga.

donald

No, those are resin, but thanks! Pretty cool!

Bad news Britsfan! Red Box showed me a few pix of the Amazons. The Greek ones are considered historical. The fantasy ones are waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy out there! Sorry!

And you don't share the pictures with us?

Alas, they sent them to me in an email & I have no place to post them to share. Email me & I will share with you gladly!

email sent.

Courtesy of Bert.

]

Ooookay, these look awesome. Now the only thing I need is a reason to buy them.

In the Roman arena it was common to represent a historical or mythical battle, but these were often done with little knowledge of or interest in the proper costumes. Think about the historical films of the last few decades which are often inaccurate in terms of the uniforms or even the facts. There was at least one occasion on which "Amazons" fought in the arena. Maybe they looked something like the new Red Box figures? That's enough of an excuse for me to buy them, anyway! I have enough gladiators to oppose them, or possibly use Alexander's phalangists.