Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin Putilov

I see the box art and sprue shot are posted (I noticed the box art for the 9.2in and 21cm guns as well, a few days ago). Getting excited! Looks like a full on kit, not fast assembly. Very ambitious, and very welcome.

Already added it into the listing of Armoured Car kits: http://wwitanks.t15.org/armouredcarlist.html

Not many plastic WWI armoured car kits; I think this will be the 3rd. Hope it's really, really successful.

And maybe there will be some photoetch accessory set made.

Re: Austin Putilov

Looking forward to that kit as well!

And will have a look at the gun kits (although I do not want to know what the guy to the right of the German box cover is doing exactly). Regards, Pa

Pa
I do not want to know what the guy to the right of the German box cover is doing exactly

Walking his dachshund through the long grass, he hasn't picked the best place to do it.

I won't be buying! My eyesight & dexterity are too far gone for me to attempt such an ambitious kit! Their big guns are tough enough for me to handle! I gotta stick with kwik kits!

I notice Harfields now have this in stock along with the other new releases and at great prices too(though Hannants still haven't got them listed - they seem to be the last to get things these days).

http://harfields.com/Index.aspx

I have a simplified resin one from Cromwell Models purchased years ago but I think that's 1/76 so it will be interesting to compare the two. Given the complexity of this kit I hope there are proper instructions included other than just the pics on the box.

Also notice that 12 figures are included and they are from the previous WW1 Russian Infantry in Winter Dress set.

It's none of my business, but I think Hannants are the distributor, so I think they get these things first and allow their customers (Harfields, Model Hobbies and etc) to list them first so they get some sales before Hannants start selling them.

The Cromwell one is 1/76. There is also one from Jadar and one from Extratech, both in 1/72. The Extratech one doesn't have any rivets, so that's a big drawback.

Technically, this isn't a WW1 vehicle. The vehicles were supplied from Austin but when the armour plate was inspected it was found to be no good. So the vehicles were rebuilt and re-armoured at the Putilov works and didn't make it out before Russia dropped out of the war. So the figures are appropriate. Actually, even if this was a WW1 vehicle, the figures would be appropriate.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on these.

Sorry, when I said Jadar, I meant Modelkrak.

There's a list of armoured car kits on my website: WWI Tanks

Technically, this isn't a WW1 vehicle. The vehicles were supplied from Austin but when the armour plate was inspected it was found to be no good. So the vehicles were rebuilt and re-armoured at the Putilov works and didn't make it out before Russia dropped out of the war.

That's fine for me; it's really the Russian Civil War I'm interested in.

Thanks for the interesting site (also love Landships II). Do you have any plans to include card models? I have the Wayne McCullough Mark V in Red Army colours and the Whippet in White Army livery but it's going to take some concentrated effort to put them together...

SteveO
Thanks for the interesting site (also love Landships II). Do you have any plans to include card models? I have the Wayne McCullough Mark V in Red Army colours and the Whippet in White Army livery but it's going to take some concentrated effort to put them together...
I think I might go as far as pointing people towards the card models on Landships. I think the card models are interesting, but it's not really my thing. I'd rather the designers used their ability to make the models as 3D plans that could be printed somewhere like Shapeways, even if it was only little parts to correct the currently available models. For example, I'd like to be able to "print" off a 3D piece to completely replace the rear end of Emhar's Mark IV tanks, and a new roof for Airfix's alleged Mark I tanks would be great.

I've been having a play with Google Sketchup but I'm not getting anywhere.

Of course, the ideal would be for Strelets to make a Mark V from someone's 3D plans.