Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What new WW1 Would You Like to See from Strelets

US Army, and US Army Horse Cavalry.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Life in and around the trenches.

Trench warfare was all about digging, repairing and installing barbed wire.
but there still are only two diggers available until now: one French from Airfix and one British from Strelets.

Or similar to 'Romans/Normans before battle': soldiers awaiting the moment to go 'over the top'.

Ballodd
Life in and around the trenches.

Trench warfare was all about digging, repairing and installing barbed wire.
but there still are only two diggers available until now: one French from Airfix and one British from Strelets.

Or similar to 'Romans/Normans before battle': soldiers awaiting the moment to go 'over the top'.

I can see why PDA thinks that the French tanks will not appear but in view that no other manufacture is bothered one can only hope!

Yes the sappers were the back bone figures of the Great War and have been overlooked. Also another aspect were the medical corps - doctors and stretcher parties and other ranks carrying back the wounded. Only 3 people have been awarded the VC and bar - 2 of them medical staff in WW1! If the figures are of the same standard he 9.2" figures they will be great!

Again the only set that has a doctor is the British WW1 Airfix and German WW1 for a stretcher party.

Recognition of the role of colonial troops both French and Empire (especially the Indian troops) is another area which has been over looked for too long.

I would like to see Strelets do some Balkan Armies which if well thought out could also be used for the Balkan wars.

Top of my wish list would be
Serbian Army 1914
Montenegrin Army 1914
Romanian Army
Bulgarian Army

Apart from that , yes French Colonial troops, Austrian regular cavalry 1914
(Dragoons and Hussars) French Cavalry 1914.

If the Arms range gets going again then some heavy guns for French, Russian and Austrian Armies.

Agree with early war French and Austrian Cavalry - also early war French artillery.

Not WW1 per-say but I would love to see some stuff for the first balkan wars. Serbs, Ottomans, Greeks etc.

WW1 wise some early war British expeditionary infantry would be nice.

Colonial French and 1st and 2nd Balkan Wars seem to be very popular.

I go with Ballodd
Sappers, Casualty evacuation and so on not just a parade of the nations ie shooters in different garb. It seems everybody has their own favourite.

On the same WWI topic but not new. How about the figure sets with the Strelets Arms sets being released as separate boxed sets? This seems a another missed opportunity like some of the gems in the erstwhile big box sets. The British and Germans in the new A012/013 sets are some of the best WWI figures around and yet you have to buy a model artillery piece to get them. The British figures are so adaptable - they could be leading draught horses(several figures), medics, checking stores, construction work etc. The Germans are less so but still have a lot of potential eg the 3 figure ramming group could be pulling a tow rope together with the shell carriers if they can be parted from log and burden respectively.

David

I would certainly buy all the artillery crews if they were sold separately. My intention is to buy some of the guns, but I do Americans and Germans. The British guns are only useful to me if they are guns the Americans used. The Americans did wear British uniforms in some divisions, so the British figures are important to me, but not all the guns!

I also want them for other larger caliber guns I have from other companies but no crews! The Strelets crews are terrific.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek

David O'Brien
I go with Ballodd
Sappers, Casualty evacuation and so on not just a parade of the nations ie shooters in different garb. It seems everybody has their own favourite.

On the same WWI topic but not new. How about the figure sets with the Strelets Arms sets being released as separate boxed sets? This seems a another missed opportunity like some of the gems in the erstwhile big box sets. The British and Germans in the new A012/013 sets are some of the best WWI figures around and yet you have to buy a model artillery piece to get them. The British figures are so adaptable - they could be leading draught horses(several figures), medics, checking stores, construction work etc. The Germans are less so but still have a lot of potential eg the 3 figure ramming group could be pulling a tow rope together with the shell carriers if they can be parted from log and burden respectively.

David

Your idea of having the figures seperate is a cracking one. Certainly winter artillery crews would be a welcome attition especially with what I take to be a staff officier.

Sappers, Casualty evacuation sets do have alot of potential

However please no OTT poses - Remember the Caesar WW1 German 8 figures out of 45 using either medieval maces or spades.

French Colonial infantry
Serbian Army 1914
(I'd also like BEF and Belgian infantry but HäT will hopefully shortly release those)

French artillery crews 1914
German artillery crews 1914

Austrian regular cavalry 1914 (Dragoons and Hussars - choice of heads?)

Krupp 75mm field gun (mod 02, 03 or other)
French mountain gun with crew

probably
French Cavalry 1914
Romanian Army (if cleverly done, a set of coated infantry with choice of heads could serve as Serbian, Romanian, and then some!)

A set of medics / wounded would be useful.

I think _one_ set might do really, since Central Powers nurses and doctors tending Allied wounded and vice versa were a common sight, at least if judging from photographs.

Anyway it would be difficult to tell the nationality of a wounded guy in a torn, dirty uniform with puttees in 1/72. Regards, Pa