Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Orion Turkish Cavalry

The box was made before release of sets. It was impossible to change anything.

Kevin Drover
20 figures at $15 is .75 a piece, makes these figures amongst the most expensive on the US market (of current releases). That's a fact. When you add the postage I had to pay to get them here, plus all the work I will put into them, and, well, perhaps it's time to start thinking of a new hobby? There are plenty of other ways of spending my hard earned cash...
I don't want to get in the middle of this fight, but I think I see what the problem is.

Kevin, it seems you believe HARON is responsible for the price you pay in the shop you choose.

I buy my stuff from any shop anywhere in the world, depending on who has what I want and, out of those, who has the best overall price (including postage). Over time, I have noticed that generally speaking, shops in the USA have higher prices and higher postage costs than most other countries' shops (Germany is an exception, with very high postage costs).

I just looked at Red Box's stuff on Tracks and Troops, and they are selling for €8.49, which is just under $10 US, and there would be a discount (something like 20%) for you on that price because you are not in the EU.

Harfields have them for £4.95, which is $7.50 US.

So I humbly suggest that it's the American retailer from whom you purchase who is gouging you, not HARON, who has no control over how much a retailer sells his figures for.

Zvezda did some very nice Turkish cavalry although too tall, although that might not matter so much on a mounted man.

"I don't want to get in the middle of this fight, but..."

You just did, and, it's not a fight. I'm merely sounding off.

"Kevin, it seems you believe HARON is responsible for the price you pay in the shop you choose."

He is. He reduced the amount of figures per box, his vendors didn't. 20 figures
per box is an outrage.

As for the places and prices you've quoted, when you add postage from Europe (or just about any other place outside the USA), you've destroyed any advantage one may have gained.

I try to support vendors here in the USA. And, indeed, prices here are often higher, I am told because of shipping costs (just like if I had purchased them myself from abroad).

I'm not complaining about the vendors here in the states, I am complaining about how few figures are put into a box—20 figures is very low, in fact, I can't think of one single set from a major manufacturer (such as Zvezda, Strelets, etc.) that has so few figures in a box.

My gripe is simple, the buyer keeps paying more for less. Perhaps there are those who don't care how much they pay. I do and choose to let the manufacturer know about it.

Mic drop.

Kevin Drover

As for the places and prices you've quoted, when you add postage from Europe (or just about any other place outside the USA), you've destroyed any advantage one may have gained.
That's not true at all. You say you paid $15 US plus postage for one box. If you had bought that from Harfields they would not have charged you more than $8 US. It typically is around 20% of the price of the order for postage.

Kevin Drover
I try to support vendors here in the USA. And, indeed, prices here are often higher, I am told because of shipping costs (just like if I had purchased them myself from abroad).
Well it isn't the shipping costs; whoever told you that is lying. Maybe they are talking about "shipping and handling" where the "handling" is some extortionate price. It is the price you pay if you want to "Buy American". Those American vendors you want to support are taking advantage of you.

kevin check ebay u.s..theres a bunch of red box listings for 7.99,with good shipping and combined shipping prices.comes from here in the states so no over seas shipping and import costs as well.careful tho,you might be tempted to empty out your wallet.
even so 20 figures in a set still seems kind of low.

Tom S.,
Yes, I've seen the ebay listings, and Amazon. I no longer have PayPal (as I believe I implied before). I got fed up with ebay due to poor service and poor
product from dealers who don't seem to give a **** about anything else other than lining their own pockets. So I cancelled.

As to ordering from Europe, I've not once had a fair shake when it comes to postage—ever! So, I'm dubious about any claims to the contrary. In fact, the last few times I purchased miniatures (metal mini's) from the UK the boxes were cut open by customs and the contents were either damaged or missing!

And, for those of you who think my retailer is gouging me, well, I don't believe it. As I already know postage is nearly prohibitive for myself, why wouldn't it be the same for him?

FYI, I'm not buying "American," I'm buying Ukrainian! (and glad to do so, I just don't want to go broke doing it).