Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Any News On...

PDA
Ah yes. Found it on Benno's, then ran the original Russian thread through a translator. Thanks Zirrian. Now, maybe it was a bad translation, or maybe I'm optimistic, or maybe both of those, but I'm reading it as "postponed" rather than "cancelled". Even "postponed indefinitely" is better than "cancelled".

RCD, I keep forgetting about Ace's 155mm. Thanks for the reminder. Looking forward to that one, and it comes with a limber.

Some good news I just discovered, is Master Box have released their Tank Mark II Male. You can get it from Jadar.

Hopefully yes. I'm a bit more sad about the Napoleonics, as separate command sets sound lovely for me - Italeri always put about 17 cavalry in their boxes, while I only need 12 for a unit. Two boxes give me 10 spares, thus I only need a command to make another unit.

zirrian
Hopefully yes. I'm a bit more sad about the Napoleonics, as separate command sets sound lovely for me - Italeri always put about 17 cavalry in their boxes, while I only need 12 for a unit. Two boxes give me 10 spares, thus I only need a command to make another unit.
From what little I understood of the thread on Zvezda's forum, it seems as though the factory they use to do the moulding doesn't have as much capacity as they stated, so Zvezda are concentrating on the sets that are the most profitable. Hence their Samurai, WW1 and Napoleonics have been put off. He held back from saying cancelled, but there is no timeline for their production beyond indefinite statements such as "maybe in a year's time". So, I'm still hopeful, and a year isn't long.

PDA
zirrian
From what little I understood of the thread on Zvezda's forum, it seems as though the factory they use to do the moulding doesn't have as much capacity as they stated, so Zvezda are concentrating on the sets that are the most profitable. Hence their Samurai, WW1 and Napoleonics have been put off. He held back from saying cancelled, but there is no timeline for their production beyond indefinite statements such as "maybe in a year's time". So, I'm still hopeful, and a year isn't long.

After waiting...nine? Maybe, maybe not. So nine years for Peninsular British Dragoons from HaT, it's not that much.

Tho I'd still be really grateful if Zvezda would release decent, full sized boxes instead of these minikits.

zirrian
After waiting...nine? Maybe, maybe not. So nine years for Peninsular British Dragoons from HaT, it's not that much.

Tho I'd still be really grateful if Zvezda would release decent, full sized boxes instead of these minikits.
What I meant by "a year is not long" is just how quickly time passes.

And I like Zvezda's small sets. For some sets I like a big box, but for other subjects the small boxes are eminently more suitable. Just my opinion, of course. But it's rather a moot point because they ain't making 'em anyways; not small and not big neither!

From what I understand from the Zvezda Forum using google translator is that, both the Napoleonic and the WW1 mini sets have been postpond for at least a year.

Hopefully they have not been cancelled for financial reasons and are postponed due to the back log of WW2 and Hot War mini sets as they appear to have started some work on them.

I found this picture looks like they are British WW1 Infantry.

http://postimg.org/image/q38rpvoj3/

All the new Airfix sets have vanished from Airfix`s site, so I suspect that means a delay until next year for them at least.

Alan Buckingham
All the new Airfix sets have vanished from Airfix`s site, so I suspect that means a delay until next year for them at least.
I'm glad somebody else noticed that; thought I was going (more) crazy. Something else strange is that Airfix have this week re-released their B-Type bus (1/32 scale). Wasn't it in the same area on their website? So maybe, and this is pure wishful thinking, the sets have disappeared from their site because they are being released right now? Hannants says November 2014 for them, so something is not making sense.

Looks like we need to re-right history a little WW1 1915-1919 so we can have our 100 year 1/72 scale commemoration next year

I notice Zvezda have their Soviet Frontier Guards set illustrated on their web site (English) so I suppose it is about to be released. This set includes an Alsatian dog which is almost certainly a DAZ /3d mesh- I know it well. Concentrating on their current ranges and on the children's stuff seems to be their current policy. I can't fault that. The Soviet Militia set seems not to have a wide release or has not been released at all though this was illustrated a while back as imminent so all is not cut and dried. If they say the WWI sets have been postponed it usually means a) they have been postponed b)they have been ditched or c)they will be released when Disney makes a cartoon film of WWI.

David