Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Company/ Same Old!

My thoughts precisely, though they have produced a selection of Polish armour to a very good Q-build standard... I expect they will follow up with a lot of polish troops perhaps Cavalry and Infantry and maybe artillery/AT guns that would be nice
First to fight site:
http://www.wrzesien1939.pl/en/

EXCITING!

Try to take a wide look at this enterprise FIRST.
FtF task is to do models and war game about september 1939. So it is naturally that they want to do basic units of both sides - armour and infantry. Probably they start do do soviets also, in future.
By the way, how many are good early germans sets. Unfortunally, the best - Pegasus is in 1:76.

Re: Photos

Here is blog with good photos - infantry and command/support:

http://marinswargamming.wordpress.com/2014/10/01/bedziemy-maszerowac-piechota-niemiecka/

Standing figure with MG34, could be used with tree, wall, in house or trench, but standing with antitank rifle is not so good choice.

Re: Photos

First impressions are okay they look like Caesar's figures which is a good thing, one thing I don't like they are attached to the sprue by the head which makes it very difficult to end up with a good shape Helmet.

I am not sure I need any more WW2 Germans but I am really looking forward to the Poles just hope they can attached them on the shoulder or use a thinner sprue.

I wonder what they have planned early WW2 Russians? or maybe other Era's Napoleonic or Seven Years War or Polish conflicts with Russia, Sweden and the Ottoman Empire?

Bert
PSR has announced a new company will be coming out with it's first set; First To Fight out of Poland. Of course, what is their first set goingto be? WW2 German Infantry(1939)! *SIGH!*

First to Fight do not have a hidden agenda - they are a Polish company and it's the 75th Anniversary of the invasion of their country by Nazi-Germany. They want to have all the vehicles and soldiers available, and from them, not any other company. It's a big deal in Poland.

Whilst I have absolutely no interest in any of the Nazi stuff that FtF have done/are doing/will do, there's no denying that their kits are really good quality and excellent value for money. I have their Renault FT tank kit and it is a little gem; certainly put a smile on my grumpy face! I am sorely tempted by the Polish vehicles in their range; the wz34 especially.

And their Polish Infantry looks as though it is ready, so I don't think there'll be a big wait after the Nazi-German set. Here's FtF on Henk's site:

http://henk.fox3000.com/firsttofight.htm

More WW2 Germans Infantry just what we need, we have not had any new Germans for almost a week now.

On the other hand the WW2 Polish Infantry would be welcome we only have Hat and Strelets sets, the sculpting style looks like Caesar's which probably explains the Germans.

Will definitely buy the WW2 Poles really not sure I need any more German Infantry though.

http://michtoy-from-the-front.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/*Sneak%20Peeks%20%26%20Previews

Brian

On the other hand the WW2 Polish Infantry would be welcome we only have Hat and Strelets set.

Strelets Polish infantry are from late war. These are Polish Army under Stalin command, so they have only russian weapon and equipment.
And HaT's 1939 are such bad as their 1805/6 range and C&Sh sets.

Some good points TommyGn Hat's Polish Artillery test sprues look good shame the infantry were not done to the same standard.

Yes, happily HaT dismiss those poor sculptor. Most awfull in HaT polish 1939 infantry are heads and weapon. so change of heads could help them.

Brian
Some good points TommyGn Hat's Polish Artillery test sprues look good shame the infantry were not done to the same standard.

Clearly they will have to do some early war soviet as it would be like Punch without Judy just to do Nazi/German sets. Unfortunately, its a case of the winners rewriting history - how often the role of Stalin is ignored and its a case of 1939 Germany invades Poland. All we hear is about the 'patriotic war' but little in the role of the soviets in the rise of the German miltary strength.

As for Polish artillery bring it on as it will probably be ready long before HaT! They used alot of different French equipment so there is a lot of potential there.

Well, I must say I am thrilled with their Polish & German armour! We really need someone to keep tabs on when new quick kits come out! I would already be buying! My only complaint is one tank per box!

Bert
Well, I must say I am thrilled ...
Yeah, it makes a difference when it's in context, doesn't it.

Great products.

The Fiat trucks and FT17 should have wide appeal and the tracks and finish of the tanks are close to a detailed plastic kit so no problem there. The German figures don't look very good if those are the ones on the web site but possibly things will develop as the range widens. There are some excellent white metal figures of Polish troops which can be used with the FtoF vehicles see Marcin's pics on Henk's or Benno's sites.

Like a lot of new products now, availability seems to be an issue ie one or two of the 4Ps especially the place element seem to be not so strong.
"Putting the right product in the right place, at the right price, at the right time."
or for the 4Ps bit:
product, place, price, promotion,

I can get pieczarki and Kwidzyn satatka obladova from my local supermarket but these plastic vehicles and figures have to be mail order. My love of Polish pickled mushrooms is almost a craving but I wouldn't bother with them if they had to be mail order. Maybe when the range develops I will go on one of those cheapo coaches to Warsaw and get a suitcase full of FtoF stuff .

BTW the pic of the knocked out PzII on the FtoF site is by the Life photographer Hugo Jaeger. I have managed to trawl about 100+ of his early WWII photos including a pic of a Polish FT17( I think) and a pic of 4 TKSs both in colour.

David