Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Post WWII Movie: "Lone Survivor" (set in Afghanistan)

For those toy soldier collectors who want to jump right into real-time conflicts, "Lone Survivor" is a great true action filled movie. My family and I rented it tonight and it's about a four-man Navy Seals Team sent into the Afghan mountains to set up a hit on a Taliban Leader and an innocent group of goat herders, except one, stumbles upon our Team. What's the right thing to do?

Did I say it's a true event? It's a heart-breaker and a heart-mender both. I highly recommend it for movie buffs.

I also couldn't help thinking about how this would be a great reason for ORION to continue on with their modern armies!

Have a super weekend and Happy Collecting! GC :-)

Re: Post WWII Movie: "Lone Survivor" (set in Afghanistan)

I saw it in the Theaters last winter The Afghans are a great choice for soft plastic. I like the MARS' conversion of the ESCI set to make the Mujahidin. Orion's and Caesar's efforts are alright, but more sets along these lines are needed

I think that a set of Afghans with ring-hands and a choice of Muskets, Lee-Enfield's, M-16s, AK-47s or what ever else these guys might use. Such a set could cover several centuries and face off as many enemies as the WWII Germans.

I had though that we had plenty of Modern US soldiers, but I always want more and the film shows that we need a set of scruffy looking Americans. Caesar's half sets of French/Chinese are nice, but insufficient in quantity for either fairly important international players. A few more good sets of Soviet forces would be welcome too. Finally, although slightly off topic, lets have a kick-ass set of North Koreans as big and menacing as they are portrayed in the news.

Re: Post WWII Movie: \\\"Lone Survivor\\\" (set in Afghanistan)

Still waiting for caesar US Navy seals.....been waiting for more than 2 years. Hope the seals figures can be a mixtures of bonnie hats and fast hemets......And do hope Orion or Ultima can release other modern figures. Russian or US special forces will be pretty awesome......

Re: Post WWII Movie: \"Lone Survivor\" (set in Afghanistan)

Getrting back to Afgahnistan films, have you seen the 1988 film The Beast?

Re: Post WWII Movie: \\\"Lone Survivor\\\" (set in Afghanistan)

CC
Getrting back to Afgahnistan films, have you seen the 1988 film The Beast?

Hi CC, I've not seen "The Beast of War" 1988, but I did check out all of the Trailers on YouTube. It looks like a great movie with everything in it. It's now on my list of "mest see". Thank you! GC

Re: Post WWII Movie: \\\\\\\"Lone Survivor\\\\\\\"

9 Rota is another Afghanistan movie that is worth watching.

Re: Post WWII Movie: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Mako
9 Rota is another Afghanistan movie that is worth watching.

Hello Mako, "9 Rota" (Full Movie) comes up for no fees - Yeah! I also want to watch "The Beast" but someone has held it hostage in YouTube for fees. And worse, be have no Video Shops surviving in my town!

So for now, I thank CC and I thank you Mako for making my weekend better!

Will talk soon; can't wait to see your movie. CC I may have to buy your DVD! Cheers Friends! GC

Re: Post WWII Movie: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

If only I had a copy. I watched it on radx a couple of months ago

Post WWII Movie: "Lone Survivor" (set in Afghanistan)

Hi CC, Looks like Amazon.com is the best retail source. This movie stars Jason Patric, who was also in Geronimo, an American Legend - another of my favorites. I'm very much looking forward to watching it! Thank You!

Hi Mako, At 2.25 hours, that's a long movie! I stayed up late watching it and loved it. Free on YouTube. So much action and so much persnonal involvement. Thank You!

Thank you good friends! YGC

PS Post WWII Tank Men by Orion and Other Mobile Cavalrymen

By the way guys, I think ORION'S Tank Crews are some of finest in 1/72 soft plastic. After watching the Trailers for "The Beast" I can just see ORION'S Russian Tank Crews in action. I have already bought several sets of their WWII German Panther Crew I for my Afrika Korps tanks, and hope they make a Set II, please!

If you are reading this ORION, I have multiple sets of every color you made of your Polish Winged Hussars. This set by quality and beauty is every bit as exciting to me as the Strelets*R sets of Cavalry from their Crimean War Range.

I am still in progress of restoring my old farm house so we can move in this summer. When this is done, I can't wait to cover my drafting table with Polish Winged Hussars, 17th Lancers, Hussars, The Heavy Brigade, ... Oh I can't wait!

Thank you Strelets*R and ORION! YGC

Russian Responce

Dear GarrisonClay,

you may also have a look at this movie, if you like war movies:

http://megogo.net/ru/view/6800-afganskiy-izlom.html

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: Russian Responce

Thank you very much for the link. I appreciate the recommendation!

My thanks as well Can we ever hope for a response in soft plastic? Best regards

Dear Strelets,

Thank you very much for the link and recommendation. I watched the complete movie tonight! It had great actors and actresses and portrayed the Russo-Afghan war quite vividly. I have always been fascinated by conflicts in the mountains and deserts such as the FFL, North Africa in WWII and Afghanistan. This is one way to learn a little of those times and events. I enjoyed it very much and again - Thank you!

Dear CC,

we'd love to, but as of WWII weapons aren't particularly suitable for our technology.

Best regards,

Strelets

Oh well, I had to try again. I'll still keep buying your product as I am interested in all times and places in history. Thank-you for your reply and keep up the good work. I liked the movie too