Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Post WW2

I'm with you, Mako!! I'd like to see some more Moderns as well. I understand there are potential sensitivities around ultra-modern conflicts...but anything pre 1980s should not be an issue.

Regards,
Andrew

I would have thought that the really big omission is the Arab armies that fought against Israel and later Iranians and Iraqis. With all respect to Strelets I think they might find the fine detail required quite difficult although obviously they have been able to improve their depiction of weapons in recent sets. Perhaps the new company Ultima Ratio would be interested in something like this given that their first set is 1980s mujahadeen.

I agree Graham that Iraqis and Iranians would be really useful. You could do the Iran - Iraq War, First Gulf War, Second Gulf War and even "what if" scenarios of future wars in the Gulf. I was really excited to see the new company Ultima Ratio and look forward to see what this company will do next.

They look good painted up,if I were to be very critical there are two flaws, one the only rifle that is not an ak47 could be anything,quite unidentifiable ,and the medics bag has a red cross and it should be a red crescent (the guy doing the box art got it right). Room for set two, a light machine gun,mortar team,sniper/s etc. First class sculpting,mould etc. Not my period at all but as soon as I saw them I thought they would paint up nicely. ps the sprue configuration looks ever so strelets.

Very nice! These figures are at the top of my wish list for my next purchase. I wonder what this company will do next?