Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Big Box Set: "Alamo Defenders"

Ian Bruce
The problem with \"personality\" sets is that no one needs more than one of them, as opposed to more general infantry or cavalry sets, which are usually required in multiples and therefore better business.

Hi Ian,

The 3 unique sprews that include famous personalities, also include many new unique but generic officer, casualty, action, etc. poses. There were only 200 Alamo Defenders so I'd suggest that the Big Box would be the centerpiece of the collection, supplemented by already produced 1812 Militias. And all the Big Box sprews could be made in Gray Color just like the 1812 Militia making everyone happy.

Have a super weekend!

Re: Big Box Set: "Alamo Defenders"

I think Strelets has done individual personalities best! ONE set of just personalities each with just one figure per pose! Might be a little hard to do for the Alamo but figure; Travis, Bowie, Crockett, Bonham & Dickinson. then add Houston, Fannin & Seguin. That's 8! Maybe add Austin &/or mounted versions of Houston, Bonham, Crockett & Seguin along with some casualties & that should make a solid personality set for Alamo & TWI!

Re: Big Box Set: \"Alamo Defenders\"

or to fill it out, call it Alamo personalities and add Santa Anna and some Mexican generals. But then the color of the sprue becaomes an issue. I guess personalities could be a different color, like the old Marx playsets (One side in blue, one side in red, the personalities in cream). Personally I never liked that. What do you think?

The apeal of the Alamo

Arlin
But then the color of the sprue becaomes an issue.

Only for some.

If Strelets wanted to do the Alamo, & make a profit in their endeavours, they should consider several sets of Mexicans: artillery, cavalry, infantry in various uniforms, assaulting infantry sets (eg with ladders).

Mexicans are where the profit is. And people will be more inclined to buy Mexican sets if there's 1/2 sets of defenders (1 mini set might be personalities)so you have a complete range for the conflict. Later, Strelets could create other Texan sets for later battles if the initial goals meet expectations.

As a wargamer, I build armies on a figure scale. EG my Napoloeonics are 1:50, my Zulus are 1:10.

One of the appeals of the Alamo is you could actually do it 1:1.

As a side note, does anyone think The Sword & the Flame rules would work with an Alamo game?

"Alamo Defenders & Santa Anna's Generals"

Many good points above, however, I still feel a Command set first is the bait on the hook and the way to go for the Alamo theme. And I had the same thought as Arlin - Have both Alamo Defenders & Santa Anna's Generals in the same set - 1 sprew of each. The 3rd sprew always is of the accompanying horses. We should get more 1812 militia and frontiersmen for the War of 1812 anyway.

I'd hope for the Defenders in Dark Gray and Mexicans in Blue, or both just in Dark Gray.