Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Sets

I second that. Perhaps some American regulars for 1812 or some French fusiliers in overcoats or even better some Napoleonic siege equipment.

Dear Cappy,

most likely, our next lot will contain couple of armoured cars, WWI German howitzer, couple of Roman trains, couple of Napoleonic French and Russian winter trains.

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
...most likely, our next lot will contain couple of armoured cars, WWI German howitzer, ...Strelets
Yay!

Strelets
Dear Cappy,

most likely, our next lot will contain couple of armoured cars, WWI German howitzer, couple of Roman trains, couple of Napoleonic French and Russian winter trains.

Best regards,

Strelets

Some of these sound very interesting but when you say a COUPLE of armoured cars do you mean the already mentioned and one of the tanks or is it a surprise? Certainly it will keep many of us on tenterhooks thinking of the possibilities! Can it be the one everyone wants a Roll Royce?

Dear RCD,

we appreciate your curiosity, however at this stage anything can change very last moment. You know all about what's going on in the Ukraine and we aren't immune from this, so the list, that we gave before, can be amended any moment.

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Dear RCD,

we appreciate your curiosity, however at this stage anything can change very last moment. You know all about what's going on in the Ukraine and we aren't immune from this, so the list, that we gave before, can be amended any moment.

Best regards,

Strelets

Thanks for your comments. Considering what is happening in your country I am grateful that you are still in action. The Ukraine has not gone away as the news is concerned. One can only hope that common sense finally prevails .

The Prince of Wales is currently on a visit to Canada and has just been allegedly quoted as saying that the assimilation of parts of the Ukraine by Russia is no different to what happened in Czechoslovakia in 1938 (the appeasement is still a period of history that we like to forget ). Prince Charles has a habit of saying what he (and many are thinking) thinks and clearly again he has upset the political establishment.

As for what is coming I am one that still likes surprise presents. It is not as though it will be years before they arrive!

Full blown economic sanctions against Eastern Ukraine and Russia would likely mean that the Golden Age of our hobby would come to a shrieking end.

With Hat possibly disappearing in the near future, as has been rumored on Benno's forum, imagine Strelets, Zvezda, Redbox, Orion, Mars, Miniart, Valdemars and DDS being unavailable to customers in the Western hemisthere. That would amount to a global catastrophe for all 1/72 enthusiasts, artists, investors, manufacturers, merchants and collectors alike.

Therefore I hope for Strelets, and all of us, that our precious figurines won't be taken away from us. May the politicians have mercy on us.

Jan
Full blown economic sanctions against Eastern Ukraine and Russia would likely mean that the Golden Age of our hobby would come to a shrieking end.

With Hat possibly disappearing in the near future, as has been rumored on Benno's forum, imagine Strelets, Zvezda, Redbox, Orion, Mars, Miniart, Valdemars and DDS being unavailable to customers in the Western hemisthere. That would amount to a global catastrophe for all 1/72 enthusiasts, artists, investors, manufacturers, merchants and collectors alike.

Therefore I hope for Strelets, and all of us, that our precious figurines won't be taken away from us. May the politicians have mercy on us.

I do not share your pessimism about the future of plastic figures. Yes there appears to be fewer new sets currently been produced and certain companies are dramatically cutting the number of figures per set. Certainly some manufacturers know that that anything about the Third Reich and the Nazi party will sell if you dramatically jack the price up and reduce the contents.

If economic sanctions do come in force (and that's a big IF getting the whole EU to agree to a set of sanctions rather than looking after their own self interests!) I feel they will target much bigger fish than the likes of the plastic hobby industry.

Again on the issue of HaT lets be positive - it has regularly going out of business according to different scare mongers and some wishful thinkers. Lets face it there is a clique of Benno forum members that love to take a poke at HaT and Strelet products and regularly slag them off but think nothing of over sized products from their favourite companies. One only has to see the current 'worst set' topic to see that.

The sirens have been predicting the demise of this hobby for the last 25 years but it still carries on. As far as products from Strelet the figures are getting better all the time and I look forward this year to more of the new, exciting and original sets - and than cannot say this about Caesar and Pegasus sets!
.... and there will be more pleasant surprises from Stretlet I doubt not over the next 12 months

Jan
(...)that the Golden Age of our hobby would come to a shrieking end (...) Hat possibly disappearing in the near future, as has been rumored on Benno's forum, imagine Strelets, Zvezda, Redbox, Orion, Mars, Miniart, Valdemars and DDS being unavailable to customers (...) a global catastrophe for all 1/72 enthusiasts (...)

Enjoy the apocalypse, but I'd prefer facts instead of rumours. There is no sign at all of HaT going out of business.

Sounds good! Thank you! Strelets