Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
D-Day - Waffen SS Officers Normandy 1944 (Ultimate 1/72 figs)

D-Day Miniature Studio is certainly a company which at the moment does not enjoy the popularity they deserve for their 1/72 masterpieces.

In the field of WWII Germans, the first set “German Waffen SS Officers – Normandy 1944” includes extraordinary works of art and it is almost unbelievable how the sculptor succeeded to transform three soldiers doing almost nothing into some of the most attractive miniatures ever encountered in Braille Scale.

A very comprehensive review, featuring also lots of close-up and other photos, of this ultimate 1/72 figure set can be accessed here:

http://www.ww2germans.com/index.php/component/content/article/16-reviews/618-d-day-german-waffen-ss-officers-normandy-1944-72001-ext

The tender definitely should be closely considered by all those wishing to own 1/72 miniatures sharing the same quality with larger scale ones.

I hope you like them as much I enjoy painting, photographing, and reviewing them.

Cristian Florescu

Re: D-Day - Waffen SS Officers Normandy 1944 (Ultimate 1/72 figs)

Dear Cristian,

Did I spell your name correctly this time? "Cristian" vs "Christian." My apologies - with an "h" is very popular in my traceable family tree, and for no particular reason I'm aware of! :-)

I'm glad to see you have now posted your next "Critique" and a big "Thank You!" to our Gracious Host - Strelets-R.

Just like your early Critiques, the Black & White (B&W) photos tricked me into believing they were actual WWII period photos. Add to those, your eloquent descriptions of the men on the ground, as if you were a "War Correspondent." So ...

I have reserved this Sunday morning for my 2 tall cups of coffee just to take in and enjoy your "Bit-O-Photographic-&-Biographic-History."

Please enjoy the rest of your week and weekend (Everyone) GC

Well, it was a real treat to review the set mentioned above, and also to discover a few other sets of interest to me that Cristian had reviewed before.

The discussion of the various uniforms, such as U-Boat leather coats for a tank commander, Tunics and more reminded me of my favorite clothes - the old Bomber Jacket, Safari Coat and London Fog Trench Coat. I also enjoyed going thru other sections of Cristian's site.

I think I can highly recommend checking out the excellent reviews of so many German 1/72 sets especially for those who like accurate, indepth research for resources. Included are soft and hard plastic figures as well as other modern harder materials; classic sets and current makers - all readily available for purchase.

Again, well done, Cristian.

Dear Garrison,

Thank you very much for both your messages, I am more than happy that you have enjoyed the review as well as for the kind words regarding my website. K

While I put a lot of passion and work in it, I have to recognise, is a real pleasure seeing people appreciate so much the website and once again, many thanks.

There is no problem concerning spelling the name with "h", I am well accustomed with that, even international organisations when I attend some meetings abroad it spells it with "h". In Romanian we spell it without "h" but as you know, in most of the other languages it is with "h", so it quite normal non-Romanians to write it like that...

I am also pleased that you like the black and white photos, at it is easily noticed, I am a great fan of those....

The next review will feature a really rare topic and I do hope you will like that one as well... perhaps in one week to be ready...