Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tommy guns contribution

Great guns - by original size and modeling! Thanks for sharing the photos. The building is Airfix 1/76? Long ago, I built a 1/32 one and it did ring a bell now. Perfect scenery! Hope, Strelets will issue more WWI kits.

Re: Tommy guns contribution

+1

Nice one, RCD.

Ballodd
Great guns - by original size and modeling! Thanks for sharing the photos. The building is Airfix 1/76? Long ago, I built a 1/32 one and it did ring a bell now. Perfect scenery! Hope, Strelets will issue more WWI kits.

Thanks for the positive comments. The building is indeed the old 1/76 forward command post with an Amera base. I still feel that this set is still the best valued building available now that the Matchbox range is not readily available ( the 17pdr set had a cracking building with it!) They do vacuum moulded bases for most the Airfix range.

I do like the Strelet British guns as you can mix and match to get several variations as illustrated. The other thing is that my modelling skills are not that brilliant and as long as you carefully clean up the pieces you can arrive at a presentable model. OK they may not be up to show standard but that is not my scene.

As for Strelets future plans I hope that this range continues as there are so many heavy pieces that have been ignored by the leading manufacturers. French equipment in particular(both WW1 and 2 tanks and aircraft) have been disgracefully ignored!

The previews of the figures for the 9.2" and the German heavy guns certainly make you want more!

Dear RCD,

we hope to release 9.2' British and German guns this summer with others to follow. We will be happy to see those paited by you as well.

Best regards,

Strelets

Nice one, Strelets too!

Strelets
Dear RCD,

we hope to release 9.2' British and German guns this summer with others to follow. We will be happy to see those paited by you as well.

Best regards,

Strelets

Thank you for the comment -it was much appreciated. Its good news that you will be continuing this series. As you are keeping us in suspense you may yet have a French heavy/heavies in the pipeline!

Just a suggestion. Your 9.2" crew are in winter gear which is great. Any chance that a future crew will all be in shirt sleeves as the WW1 photographs show especially the late French crews?

As for the summer sets I already have a picture I took of the 9.2" at the IWM London so I am ready to go!

Dear Richard,

all going well, we will expand the series with several German and French cannons. For the Germans we will release sets with early war summer dress, late war summer and winter uniforms.

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Dear Richard,

all going well, we will expand the series with several German and French cannons. For the Germans we will release sets with early war summer dress, late war summer and winter uniforms.

Best regards,

Strelets

Thank you for the information - I look forward to these new sets. especially interested in the different German uniforms as WW1 artillery crews are few and far between.

RCD
Strelets
Dear Richard,

Best regards,

Strelets

Thank you for the information - I look forward to these new sets. especially interested in the different German uniforms as WW1 artillery crews are few and far between.
Yes, that's great news. Very much looking forward to these.

I echo the comments about RCD’s work, and am very much looking forward to see those gun crews. I would also be interested in gun kits (up to 155mm calibre, as I lack space for bigger ones).

Guns for the French

Dear Strelets have you decided on what guns will be made for the French yet..

Best Regards

Re: Guns for the French

Not yet.

Well done that Man, Excellent