Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Tank Models Available Now

Appearing in shops (such as Tracks and Troops) you can now get:

Leichter Kampfwagen I - MGM

Renault FT 75BS - ModellTrans

Tank Mark V* - ModellTrans

Renault FT First Series - ModellTrans

These pics are from Tracks and Troops:

Re: New Tank Models Available Now

They all look very good indeed.

Very good, really like the Renaults... spot on

Could be the photo but the LK1 looks proportionately wrong and the rivets look too big.

The Renaults look accurate with very nice track detail.

The Mark V* has the kind of tracks that should have been with the Masterbox (MB) Mk I rather than the "elastic bands". They look the right thickness and have very nice side detail in fact they look superb. The whole model looks excellent. The sit of the tank looks right many manufacturers and modellers get this wrong (MB also get this bit right) . One or two compromises eg drive shaft covers etc but it is a small scale so the detail has to be modified for the manufacturing process.

The Tank Museum Mk V shows the sit on flat ground( note not the longer V*)

David

David O'Brien
Could be the photo but the LK1 looks proportionately wrong and the rivets look too big...David
I think you may be right about the rivets - they don't look right. Hard to say about the proportions - the LK tanks were all different. I think I'll reserve judgement until I have one in my hands.

Incidentally, I wish Strelets would get a move on with the Schneider and the Saint Chamond tanks.

Takom Models is making a Mark IV in 1/35 scale:http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=16642&mode=thread&order=0

That's great, dan76, but far too large and expensive for me. I am pleased, however, to see something from WW1.

Just read the News that Tamiya is also doing a Mark IV in 1/35 scale and some Tommy Figures also. If that is too expensive for you PDA you should try the Master Box Models Mark I in 1/72. I got the Male Version and it is a great Model, the best imo in this scale. It even has a Photo etched part and Master Box has other variants in the Pipeline! Im still hoping for a goo plastic A7V in 1/35 though...

dan76, I agree with you about the Master Box Mark I tanks being the best. They are excellent kits and I have all four of them.

I hope that Master Box make a lot more WW1 tanks in 1/72.