Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: * Wish List Compilation for April 2014 * (For Fun and Thinking Out Loud Only)

Looking at those terrific masters for the American militia,I really,really want Strelets to produce some wild west sets.Really.

Re: * Wish List Compilation for April 2014 * (For Fun and Thinking Out Loud Only)

celtic warrior, What would your #1 Set be? I'd love any Wagon Train figures. Cheers!

CC, You describe the neighborhood I currently live in - I call it "Zip Code 911."

Your's is a great recommendation!

For me, there are many themes to do, I get it, but until the Discovery of the New World/Jamestown era, the War of 1812 (in the US), and the Spanish American War, or WWII US from Pearl Harbor to Philippine (1941 to 1942) get made, I cannot move on. For me, they are the gaps left unfilled in my particular collection. Until that happens, I do not want to see the umpteenth incarnation of already done Ancient Romans, Napoleonic War (especially French), or WWII Germans. Just MO. It is what it is. The clock is ticking on me. I am old, I have waited over thirty years for this stuff. My shelf life is short. Nuff said.

Arlin, I owe you "A Thousand Apologies" for not doing a better job of consolidating your very popular recommendations. I'm right there with you. And many others too! Please be patient while I go thru your Excellent Recommendations. Please have a great weekend! GC

No need to apologize. I guess my comments sounded more adversarial than they were intended ;)

My point is, there are sure a lot of want lists out there, mine included, I fear I will never live to see what I want to see. I hope the next few years see the list chipped away at instead of valuable time and resources used to make more and more of the same.

I hope that sounded more nice. :)

Your list is fine.

Arlin
No need to apologize. I guess my comments sounded more adversarial than they were intended ;)

My point is, there are sure a lot of want lists out there, mine included, I fear I will never live to see what I want to see. I hope the next few years see the list chipped away at instead of valuable time and resources used to make more and more of the same.

I hope that sounded more nice. :)

Your list is fine.

i never thought id see fantasy sets like lotr in 1/72 ever come,so one can only hope most wish lists are indeed chipped away at.

WOW! That's an ambitious list! I especially liked the suggestions for the
Jacobite Wars. Now that there are infantry for both sides, artillery and cavalry are really a must. also really liked the Native American and Age
of Discovery Ideas.

I like to see a French and Indian War range.

Hi Britsfan, If this list is ambitious, it is only because you care enough to convey your wishes. This list is yours!

Could you please add Napoleonic Ottomans to your list, sadly neglected major Army of the Napoleonic Era.

Ottoman Line Infantry (Nizam I Cedit)
Ottoman Light Infantry (Albanians)
Ottoman Artillery

DONE Brian, I've already updated the SanDisk Memory Stick. Your new wishes will be at the top of the next updated list - NAPOLEONIC WARS section.

I'm not able to update directly to the Forum, so I will post the next newest updated list either (1) when this one drops off the current Forum page, or (2) on the 1st of each new month, (May 1st would be next).

Please keep dreaming!

Hello GC could you add Franco Prussian War French Cavalry and Prussian infantry and WW1 Belgians, Austrian cavalry , ,Italian Arditi , Austrian heavy weapons , Italian heavy weapons and for Strelets Arms British Mk5 tank and Minerva Armoured Car Many thanks

Dear Alex M, That "Minerva Armoured Car" is really neat! Here is a link to a diorama of a Belgium Patrol under attack by German Uhlans. S*R has made the Uhlans already which I have and are a favorite set of mine. Thank you!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/282066/thread/1165630897/Minerva+Armored+Car

Hi GC,

Thanks for mentioning my name and my previous suggestions.... I didn't think anyone listened to my inane ramblings :-)

There are many fine suggestions on the list. Obviously not all are of interest to me personally, but they will be to others no doubt.

I am going to make a few more suggestions...but not those which I know other manufacturers are already making...no point doubling up:

- Cavemen/Neanderthals/CroMagnons (to fight against each other, as well as pre-historic animals).

- Ancient Amazons.

- Napoleonic Ottomans (already metioned by Brian!!).

- Perhaps the Mysore Wars and Sikh Wars could be added....after the Indian Mutiny range is completed of course :-)

- WWI Austrian Cavalry and early French Cavalry.

- Early WW2 in the Desert...figures with Pith Helmets, etc.

- The list shows Arabs and Israelies for the 1973 War...I would add "and/or the 1967 War".

- FFL Paras for the 70s/80s and Generic African Regular Army/Rebel Army.

- Forces for the Iran-Iraq War. The Iraqi figures would also work for Gulf Wars 1 and 2.

Best regards,
Andrew

will be on the next updated list - Thank you!

Hi Andrew, Thank you for the many, fine suggestions. I added a "PRE-HISTORIC & FANTASY" Section at the top of the list. You'll see your requests beginning there. I tried to clean up the more modern conflicts / wars and you'll see your later requests there. Cheers!

AWI RANGE TO ADD

Hi evreyone,

We forget the superb AWI period with all the possibilities.

Cheers.

CPN

Re: AWI RANGE TO ADD

Awesome list Mr. Clay, thank you for being so inclusive. I would love to see those 20th century French sets become a reality, as well as the Foreign Legion. This hobby doesn't have too much of either subject.

Re: AWI RANGE TO ADD

Dear CPN and Colin D, I'm a big fan of the AWI and the FFL also. Under AWI, I took the liberty of listing "Mohawk Warriors", something nobody has really made in proper scale (scale creep), or already have planned and in their pipelines. Re FFL, well, what a history! I hope you guys can find them listed in the proper Eras you want. Feel free to let me know if I need to clean up any of your requests. Cheers!

GarrisonClay

Boxer Rebellion (1898 – 1900)
• Chinese Imperial regular infantry (Boxer war).
• Chinese Imperial artillery, including Gingal (Boxer war).
• German Sea Batallion
• Schutztruppe
• British Navy in Straw Hats
• Japanese Army in Winter Blue and Summer White

Thanks for compiling this extensive list.

When you do the next update, can I please ask you to tidy up a mistake I made. The chinese gun is actuall spelled Jingal (not Gingal) in English.

If anyone is interested, that is a massive rifle, even much bigger than the enormous WW1 German AT rifle, as can be seen here:
http://www.forgottenweapons.com/rifles/chinese-jingal-wall-gun/
http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards.com/thread/458

That would sure make for an unique sight on the table! Thank you, Pa

Dear Pa,

Now that's a gun! I'd love a pair of Imperial Chinese shooting the gun like in the picture. I'll cross my fingers. I've updated the list. I do hesitate to put links in the list, but hopefully I've entered enough info for anyone to look up this interesting weapon. Thank you!