Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: * TOY SOLDIER WISH LIST FOR THOSE IN THE TRENCHES *

You would need to be a banker or lawyer to afford all those sets on your wish list!

So many interesting sets that are currently not available in 1/72 plastic.

For my part I would like Strelet to continue with their Arms series and include some more heavies for the French (as often mentioned the Schneider 155mm 1917* is the obvious one with the potential for use by other countries). One piece that is also overlooked so often is the British 60pdr.
* One thought is to have a series of sets of artillery crews for this artillery piece as it was used by so many countries in WW1/2 and conflicts such as the SCW.

Strelets German Stalingrad set with the informal and scruffy uniforms was a breathe of fresh air compared the usual Germans in immaculate uniforms from the likes of Caesar. This style would be welcomed in the WW1 arms range.

Figures - 1. more artillery crews WW1 in shirt sleeves rather than formal dress. Some photographs of French gunners in particular show how informal the uniforms worn off the parade ground.
2. Pioneers again in casual and stretcher bearers and troops of similar ilk.
3. Strelets' leaders range for allies and axis general for WW1. Foch please on a horse as he was when leading the British victory parade in 1919 (one wonders what Haig thought of that arrangement!
4. Tank crews and field crews for the tanks that are in the pipeline.

Talking about the Arms range how is the 9.2" howitzer coming along - looking forward to painting the amazing figures!

Conquest of the New World

You should add a subsection under 16th and 17th centuries:

The only sets I REALLY want (because I can't fake them with other sets)are sets for the Conquest of the New World.

The New World from Columbus 1492 to Jamestown 1607. Basically the Elizabethan era and the height of the Spanish Main.

To go with/add to those Conquistadores and Aztecs out on the market, I need:

Spain's Personalities-Columbus, Cortes, De Soto, De Leon, Pizarro
English Personalities-Queen Elizabeth I, Sir Francis Drake, Sir Walter Raleigh, John Smith (of Jamestown fame)
America's Personalities-Montezuma, Malinche, Pocahontas, Chief Powhattan

The Peeps: Taino natives (warriors and women for all the Caribbean Islands the Spanish set foot on), Southeastern US Natives (warriors, women, etc) to fight Conquistadores (they did succeed after all, Timicua, Apalachee, etc. tribes, they look very similar), English Seadogs/Buccaneers and Spaniards for the Spanish Main, Powhattan Indians (again warriors and women)Jamestown settlers. Oh the possiblities!

Re: Conquest of the New World

Mr. Clay,
I always enjoy this list when you put it out, especially with regards to the late French colonial period and the 20th century. Early WW2 US Marines are a must. Might I also add a WW2 late war French Army, with a mix of French, Moroccan and Algerian troops with a mix of French, U.S., and Native North African dress and gear. Morrocan Gouimers would especially be nice! This might be a complicated set to make, but I think this would add another important component to the Allied armies, especially with regards to Operation Dragoon and the liberation of Southern France.

I agree with Arlin, New Would sets would be great, and are VERY under-
represented in this hobby. I would also like to see more sets appropriate
for the French and Indian Wars.

Very happy with all those suggestions Arlin but I would like to see a general foray into 16th century. Such incredibly colourful troop types and on the cusp of the conversion from edged weapons to gunpowder. Landskechts, Jinettes, Reiters, demilances, border horse. arquebusier, gendarmes, sword and buckler, usars, grenz and all the panoply of the Balkans, Muscovy and the Turkish empire would be brilliant.

Well thank you gentlemen (all) for your enthusiastic recommendations. I can't tell you how "Pumped" I am.

First, I have to apologize for losing the most updated list. If you feel you recommended some and don't see them, you are right. Just please re-remind me and I'll get it in.

Also, starting here again, I feel it would be in S*R's best interest to list their new and innovative "Strelets Arms" Range before her flagship soft plastic figures.

I will try to keep everything clean and simple, and most importantly, those ideas/suggestions that really rise to the top like the cream in our Espresso, remain on top.

Please keep making your passionate suggestions, and this should grow as we go!

May I suggest my wish for American Westward Wagon Train husbands, wives and children reloading rifles/muskets to fend off an aggresive Indian attack in the Wagan Circle!

Happy Collecting, and most importantly, keep Dreaming in Color ... :-)

Just some additions from the top of my head:

WW1/2:

- British WW2 artillery crew, ideally with separate heads (turban, Bush hat).
- German WW2 (would you believe that) field artillery crew in casual / working dress, two of them kneeling to serve mountain and AT guns.
- German 1914 artillery crew (with ball helmets) to man field guns, one or two of them sitting.
- French Colonial troops for WW1 and early WW2.
- French 1914 artillery crew in képis.

Colonial:

- Chinese Imperial regular infantry (Boxer war).
- Chinese Imperial artillery, including gingal (Boxer war).
These two could also serve for other conflicts, including the 1894/95 war against Japan (opposing Japanese troops of the hopefully one day to be released Russo-Chinese War set).

Franco-Prussian War 1870/71:

- Bavarian infantry
- Prussian cavalry
- Bavarian or Prussian artillery

War of 1866:

- Austrian infantry (to serve for the 1859 Italian war and against Denmark in 1864 as well) to oppose the Prussians of the 1870 set. The Waterloo1815 attempt at these troops is awful.

Hi Garrison: I still think we need WW1 Italians to go against the Austrians done in green and some Strelets style Germans in spike helmets would be useful also. Thanks for asking. Cappy

I am missing Napoleonic figures in your list.

There aren´t any good Napoleonic Prussians Infantry to buy. The Haet figures are mostly unavaible or of a quite old minor quality.

I would like to wish
Napoleonic Prussian Landwehr Infantry
Napoleonic Prussian Landwehr Cavalry
Napoleonic Prussian Uhlans
Napoleonic Prussian Limber

Napoleonic Austrian Infantry before 1797
Napoleonic Later Hungarian Grenadiers - the Italeri soldiers are out of scale!
Napoleonic Later Austrian Mounted Artillery

Napoleonic Later Saxony Infantry

I'd add:

Ancient/Medieval:
11th-14th Century Samurai (Genpei War, Yuan Dynasty Invasions etc.)
13th Century Sung Dynasty Chinese Infantry and Artillery
13th Century Yuan Dynasty as above

War of 1812-14
US Dragoons
French Canadian Voltigeurs
US Riflemen in hunting frock

Also I firmly believe priority should be given to subjects that have never been released before in decent sculpts (subjective I know...) but many on the existing list have (some multiple times).

Just my opinion :)

Napoleonic Portuguese Cazadores in light brown please. Some Napoleonic civilians would also be most welcome.

- French Paras and Viet Minh (Indochina / Dien Bien Phu)
- Mexican Revolution figures 1910 - 1920
- Chaco War figures (Paraguay and Bolivia)
- Balkan Wars
- Spanish American War (mentioned above) + Moros (Moro Rebellion)
- Indian Mutiny

Re: * TOY SOLDIER WISH LIST * Question?

Thank you everyone - what exciting wishes!

I am keeping and updating the "Wish List" on a memory stick so I can easily update it and keep it updated and then post it fresh once the list begins to disappear behind other more urgent current topics every few weeks or monthly, or so.

QUESTION?: Should I keep a running count after each suggestion of how many times Collectors request/suggest their wish if it is the same as requested before? If 2, or 3, or more Collectors would like to see the same thing made, what is the simplest way to show it is a "Most Requested?"

I actually want anyone to not only request something new, but also equally important, re-request something already on the list, such as unique and new FFL never done before whom several of us would like to see made.

I'm not a Technical (Techy) kind of guy, but I want to show somehow when so many Collectors as a group would like to request the same topic.

Thank you in advance for your wisdom!

Re: * TOY SOLDIER WISH LIST * Question?

I don't remember if I suggested this before, and apologies if I have, but I think a set of French Foreign Legion mounted on mules would be a worthwhile addition to a new FFL range. Mules were the Legion's main source of transport in the desert, and were absolutely crucial to maintaining supplies and manpower. Much like the legionnaires themselves, the mules weren't pretty or fancy, but they got the job done

Re: * TOY SOLDIER WISH LIST *

Hi Colin, Yes you did! And it is me who has to apologize for losing that last updated list which included the mounted FFL. From now on I'll update the list kept on a memory stick and then download to the Forum. Have a great week.

some additions for ancient sets

for imperial Romans:

Emperors court during campaign as well as (civil) in Rome

roman triumphal procession

roman politicians (in senate, law court, ...) useful for both republican and imperial era

as limited issue: ancient personalities