Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.
1) Very excited by the War of 1812-14 range - never been done before (unlike so many sets released recently by other manufacturers)
2) Would also like to see some more WW1/Russian Civil War on the eastern front for the same reason - naval infantry, Makhnovist partisans, Ukrainian nationalists etc.
3) Early/Middle period samurai (10th-14th century)
Yes to everything above especially 1500s. Would also like to see:
- Dismounted US Cavalry (been waiting a long time)
- Apaches (mounted + dismounted)
Anything French Foreign Legion especially :
- FFL for Camarone + Mexicans
- classic Beau Geste Legionnaires and Arab opponents
- FFL mule train
- Riff War 1920s (FFL + Riff tribesmen + Spanish)
Anything post WW2 especially :
- FFL for Dien Bien Phu + Viet Minh
- Winter USMC + Chinese for Korea
- Israelis, Syrians, Egyptians for 1973
- Soviet Motor Rifle + Mujahideen for Afghanistan 1980s
- Soviet in CBRN clothing + NATO CBRN soldiers (British, West German)
Also I hope the Spartacus Army comes out in 2014.
VII AD BYzantines,SYW Russian infantry,late XVIII AD russian infantry Patiomkin uniform/,Russian Crimean rifles/Mini set/
My wish for 2014 is for the outstanding WW1 artillery pieces and tanks to materialise. The figures for the 9.2" and German howitzer really look exceptional!
As it is the 2014 centenary we need to include something for our French colleagues - the 155mm 1917 Schneider would keep almost all nationalities happy if an extra set of tyres were included for the WW2 buffs.
In keeping with other periods a set of the WW1 leaders would be an unusual sets.
Marshall Foch on horse back please (great statue in London of him!) - there are great pictures of him heading the victory parade the 1919 LONDON celebrations. A Kaiser Bill figure wearing one of his 'eagle' helmets would also fit the bill.
who else would people want?
I would always favour a more comprehensive treatment of the Renaissance. what we really need are some well engineered landsknecht pike and some better Swiss pike.English demilances and ******** would be brilliant as well.
The word that got deleted is a well known and perfectly legitimate word for 16th century light cavalry found in English armies. Bit irritating that a word gets deleted because the moderator thinks it could be considered rude, surely we're a bit more grown up than that!
FFL and their opponents are good ideas. Machnists and other revolutionaries. Pancho Villa and Federales. Gunfighters and US marschalls. First half of XX century civilians. Secret Arab-like assasins.
Essentialy pulp, esp interwar and WeirdWorldWar2 stuff.
Indian Mutiny - yes (but I'd LOVE to see 1st Afghan War instead)
Foreign Legion - yes (Beau Geste period is OK but how about the 1840s conquest of Algeria period? Really interesting and off the beaten track)
Also for WW2 I'd like to see early British Commandos in cold weather gear (Vaagso raid etc) and Japanese jungle fighters. After the Stalingrad set I think Strelets could do a terrific job on them.