Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Future New Strelets-Style "Range Wish List" for 2014

Happy 2014 Friends! We are still early in the New 2014 Year, so I would like to continue watering a seed planted before for a New Range of Warriors I would love to see be sculpted by some "Very Fine Master Sculpters" at Strelets-R:

* Native American Indian Warriors
* Native American Indian Camp Life

For starters, I loved Strelets sculpt of the Indian Head I used to make a "Baker's Dozen" of U.S. Cavalry & Apache Scout Conversions back in 2006.

I had spend many hours admiring the artwork of the Native Amerian Head in that set and to me, he is the image of "Geronimo". Well done!

Please make more, Strelets, and honor these "Fine Native American Warriors". I would especially love to see a Range of "MOHAWKS" with their intimidating looks!

Link: http://www.strelets-r.com/Pages/Contribution.aspx?ContID=50

Happy Toy Soldiering Friends! and

Please continue Strelets (Good Men!) - GC

Re: Future New Strelets-Style "Range Wish List" for 2014

American Indians - Plains and woodland - would get my vote, but I'd also like Strelets to produce a Confederate "Johnny Reb" set which would suit their sculpting style to a tee.

I would like to see an Indian Mutiny range.

Regards,
Andrew

I like the Mohawk idea! An Indian Mutiny series would be great also.
I like Strelets to add Jacobite Artillery and Cavalry to go with their
Jacobite Infantry. Also, British Artillery and Cavalry for the Jacobite
Wars.

Iberians, Celtiberians, Lusitanians, Ligurians to fight the Republican Romans.

More Hellenistic Armies to fight themselves and the Republican Romans.

Indians, Bactrians, Eastern Armies, Persians, etc..

Re: Future New Strelets-Style "Any interest in The New World?" for 2014

Seeing the cool accessories in Strelet's and Linear-B's Roman life sets makes me want something similar in the Rennaissance/Discovery of the New World/Fighting on the Spanish Main era of the 1500s to 1607. The Age of Tudors by Linear-B was also an inspiration. I envision a two sprue set giving us all we need to get a good start on the subject.

Sprue 1 x1 would have had 12 personalities: Elizabeth, Drake, Raleigh, Cortez, Malinche, Montezuma, De Leon, De Soto, Pizarro, Pocahontas, Chief Powhattan and John Smith.

Sprue 2 x2 or 3 would have: Various Florida Indians for the De Soto Expedition, Spaniards and Buccaneers for the Spanish Main and Powahattan Indians and settlers for Jamestown.

That would be all I need I think, since between Caesar and Revell we have a good supply of Conquistadores and Aztecs and Mayans and Incas. But no Southeastern American Indians (way different that any Amerindians of the Northeast, Southwest or Plains). And I want some Spaniards and Elizabethans that can sword duel with each other on land or ships and also some poses to fire cannons on forts or ships.

Anyway, anyone else interested in this era? The manufacturers seem to think there is no interest. Maybe they're right. So does anyone but me want these figures?

everything listed so far,yes please and count me in.

Arlin
Seeing the cool accessories in Strelet's and Linear-B's Roman life sets makes me want something similar in the Rennaissance/Discovery of the New World/Fighting on the Spanish Main era of the 1500s to 1607. The Age of Tudors by Linear-B was also an inspiration. I envision a two sprue set giving us all we need to get a good start on the subject.

Sprue 1 x1 would have had 12 personalities: Elizabeth, Drake, Raleigh, Cortez, Malinche, Montezuma, De Leon, De Soto, Pizarro, Pocahontas, Chief Powhattan and John Smith.

Sprue 2 x2 or 3 would have: Various Florida Indians for the De Soto Expedition, Spaniards and Buccaneers for the Spanish Main and Powahattan Indians and settlers for Jamestown.

That would be all I need I think, since between Caesar and Revell we have a good supply of Conquistadores and Aztecs and Mayans and Incas. But no Southeastern American Indians (way different that any Amerindians of the Northeast, Southwest or Plains). And I want some Spaniards and Elizabethans that can sword duel with each other on land or ships and also some poses to fire cannons on forts or ships.

Anyway, anyone else interested in this era? The manufacturers seem to think there is no interest. Maybe they're right. So does anyone but me want these figures?

Great idea! I'd be a big customer for your suggestion. Back in 2007, there was a celebration of the 400th Anniversary of the founding of Jamestown. That inspired me to use some of my Hong Kong fort stockade pieces to make one. The link follows. Those great looking cannons at the front of the fort are Strelets' from their Crimean War Russian Artillery sets. Take care:

http://www.strelets-r.com/Pages/Contribution.aspx?ContID=88

more ancient - Re: Future New Strelets-Style "Range Wish List" for 2014

Misteredd

I support this request, more ancient sets needed, especially Hellenistic armies.

I will buy a lot of these new sets.

Misteredd

I would also like to see some extra ancient sets! Perhaps add some Celts (infantry&cavalry) to the list, to fight the nice "Caesars army" legionaires. Although these are already made by some other companies, I like to have both sides made by the same manufacturer.

And anything early WWI please

Strelets seems reluctant to make them but I would like to see American Civil War.Infantry;Cavalry;Artillery done in Strelets style.One can only hope! Thanks for the topic Garrison.Cappy

The annihilation of our race is at hand unless we unite in one common cause against the common foe. Think not, brave Choctaws and Chickasaws, that you can remain passive and indifferent to the common danger, and thus escape the common fate. Your people, too, will soon be as falling leaves and scattering clouds before their blighting breath. You, too, will be driven away from your native land and ancient domains as leaves are driven before the wintry storms.
Sleep not longer, O Choctaws and Chickasaws, in false security and delusive hopes. Our broad domains are fast escaping from our grasp. Every year our white intruders become more greedy, exacting, oppressive and overbearing. Every year contentions spring up between them and our people and when blood is shed we have to make atonement whether right or wrong, at the cost of the lives of our greatest chiefs, and the yielding up of large tracts of our lands.

Quote attributed to the great Shawnee Chief Tecumseh

Seeing as how Strelets team have started their war of 1812 Range a set of
Natives circa 1812 would be most welcome.In addition, a set of War of 1812
personalities...Tecumseh, Sir Isaac Brock, Wilkinson,General Andrew Jackson,
Sir Edward Packenham,Laura Secord etc...would also be most appreciated.

Paul K.

1) Very excited by the War of 1812-14 range - never been done before (unlike so many sets released recently by other manufacturers)
2) Would also like to see some more WW1/Russian Civil War on the eastern front for the same reason - naval infantry, Makhnovist partisans, Ukrainian nationalists etc.
3) Early/Middle period samurai (10th-14th century)

Yes to everything above especially 1500s. Would also like to see:

- Dismounted US Cavalry (been waiting a long time)
- Apaches (mounted + dismounted)

Anything French Foreign Legion especially :

- FFL for Camarone + Mexicans
- classic Beau Geste Legionnaires and Arab opponents
- FFL mule train
- Riff War 1920s (FFL + Riff tribesmen + Spanish)

Anything post WW2 especially :
- FFL for Dien Bien Phu + Viet Minh
- Winter USMC + Chinese for Korea
- Israelis, Syrians, Egyptians for 1973
- Soviet Motor Rifle + Mujahideen for Afghanistan 1980s
- Soviet in CBRN clothing + NATO CBRN soldiers (British, West German)

Also I hope the Spartacus Army comes out in 2014.

VII AD BYzantines,SYW Russian infantry,late XVIII AD russian infantry Patiomkin uniform/,Russian Crimean rifles/Mini set/

Mako
Yes to everything above especially 1500s. Would also like to see:

- Dismounted US Cavalry (been waiting a long time)
- Apaches (mounted + dismounted)

Anything French Foreign Legion especially :

- FFL for Camarone + Mexicans
- classic Beau Geste Legionnaires and Arab opponents
- FFL mule train
- Riff War 1920s (FFL + Riff tribesmen + Spanish)

Anything post WW2 especially :
- FFL for Dien Bien Phu + Viet Minh
- Winter USMC + Chinese for Korea
- Israelis, Syrians, Egyptians for 1973
- Soviet Motor Rifle + Mujahideen for Afghanistan 1980s
- Soviet in CBRN clothing + NATO CBRN soldiers (British, West German)

Also I hope the Spartacus Army comes out in 2014.

I really like your suggestions, especially for the FFL! The Legion is very underrepresented in this scale.

My wish for 2014 is for the outstanding WW1 artillery pieces and tanks to materialise. The figures for the 9.2" and German howitzer really look exceptional!

As it is the 2014 centenary we need to include something for our French colleagues - the 155mm 1917 Schneider would keep almost all nationalities happy if an extra set of tyres were included for the WW2 buffs.

In keeping with other periods a set of the WW1 leaders would be an unusual sets.

Marshall Foch on horse back please (great statue in London of him!) - there are great pictures of him heading the victory parade the 1919 LONDON celebrations. A Kaiser Bill figure wearing one of his 'eagle' helmets would also fit the bill.

who else would people want?

I would always favour a more comprehensive treatment of the Renaissance. what we really need are some well engineered landsknecht pike and some better Swiss pike.English demilances and ******** would be brilliant as well.

Graham Korn
I would always favour a more comprehensive treatment of the Renaissance. what we really need are some well engineered landsknecht pike and some better Swiss pike.English demilances and ******** would be brilliant as well.

x2

The word that got deleted is a well known and perfectly legitimate word for 16th century light cavalry found in English armies. Bit irritating that a word gets deleted because the moderator thinks it could be considered rude, surely we're a bit more grown up than that!

FFL and their opponents are good ideas. Machnists and other revolutionaries. Pancho Villa and Federales. Gunfighters and US marschalls. First half of XX century civilians. Secret Arab-like assasins.

Essentialy pulp, esp interwar and WeirdWorldWar2 stuff.

Indian Mutiny - yes (but I'd LOVE to see 1st Afghan War instead)
Foreign Legion - yes (Beau Geste period is OK but how about the 1840s conquest of Algeria period? Really interesting and off the beaten track)

Also for WW2 I'd like to see early British Commandos in cold weather gear (Vaagso raid etc) and Japanese jungle fighters. After the Stalingrad set I think Strelets could do a terrific job on them.