Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shaab and crusader crew

Alan Buckingham
do the helmets date this set to the first crusade ? were they used after that ?

no and Yes......

Cheers

Roman ballista on the first picture?

Maybe the Stelets website guys are using additional pictures from another set again?

The first 3D picture shows a (very nice) kind of Roman ballista with curved throwing arms instead of the usual staight ones. Another set in Peparation? Or will it replace the onager depicted in the A009 box art?

Re: Roman ballista on the first picture?

Seems they may be a little confused themselves, I would rather see something different like a Trebuchet then a poor relation of the Zvezda offering in any case...

Cheers

Shaab?

Hello Strelets
Where does the Name Shaab come from? I know this device as a Petraria Arcatinus but cannot find it or anything like it called a shaab

Re: Shaab?

Maybe an Arabic version of "Scorpion" but I cant say Ive ever seen a Medieval Mangonel refered to as such it seems to be pretty obscure, so probarbly no good as a description "Medieval Catapult" might be better...

Cheers

The abbrevation SHAAB stands for a short message the crusaders wrote on the projectiles, like other generations of soldiers would do on shells and bombs. It reads:

'Saladin, Here's Another Airborne Ball'

BigBert
The abbrevation SHAAB stands for a short message the crusaders wrote on the projectiles, like other generations of soldiers would do on shells and bombs. It reads:

'Saladin, Here's Another Airborne Ball'