Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Austin Putilov Armoured Car

SteveO
Will definitely be getting some of these Austin Putilov ACs (and Garfords too if they're made) for my RCW project. Schneider CAs for the SCW too. Much more useful than all those heavy artillery pieces as they can actually be used on the game table...

One mans' meat is another mans poison (the excessive production of sanitised Nazi elite stuff for me is my pet hate!). Remember not everyone is into wargaming.

Currently working on the American manned late WW1 howitzer (A002) - cracking possibilities as a modeller because they were used by Australian, American, Canadian, British and Finnish.). The heavy WW1 artillery has been a breath of fresh air compared number of WW2 German sets that have been turned out so far this year by the likes of Caesar! Lets hope the Strelet tanks and armoured cars will be equally well received and the range expanded. Lets face it WW1 is an almost virgin area for 1/72 plastic tank manufacturers.

Anything for WW1 must be welcomed whether afvs or heavy artillery pieces.

PS Strelet - ever considered doing a mini set of WW2 Finnish gunners to go with this set (A002)? The same could apply to the future French heavy artillery by producing WW2 German artillery crew set because the French 'donated' so many pieces to the German army after 1940!(As it most Allies on the Western Front)

Oh I agree - each to their own - I was just speaking of my own personal preferences and wants (won't say "needs" as I probably have too many projects on the go! :) )

I would raise the question though; these heavy artillery pieces seem to be produced in wargaming style - quick builds lacking detail and perfect accuracy (thickness of wheels etc.) but great value for money. That's why I find the WW1/Interwar light field arty from HaT so appealing. There are other manufacturers that do highly detailed kits (being correspondingly expensive) that would seem more aimed at modellers and dioramacists.

Just my own personal tupp'orth ha'penny, however agree it is good to see anything in this scale other than the usual suspects remade ad finitim...

RCD
PS Strelet - ever considered (...) producing WW2 German artillery crew set

RCD, are you feeling well?

Now go and wash your mouth with soap!

Pa
RCD
PS Strelet - ever considered (...) producing WW2 German artillery crew set

RCD, are you feeling well?

Now go and wash your mouth with soap!

It gets even worse - looking at the Strelet Stalingrad German set I am considering buying a set when they come out. Scruffy Germans - never seen a set like this before .

As Baldrick says "I have a cunning plan". Produce a German WW2 Artillery (for the future French sets) will encourage the 'sad lads' to spend their money on Strelet products which encourages the said company to continue this range.

Thanks for your reply Strelets I look forward to seeing the Garford which would be a long term wish fullfilled...

Cheers