Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Canon de 155 mm Grande Puissance Filloux (GPF) mle. 1917 (WW1 French)

PDA

Like the picture. Would be great to have this headgear for a change!
Have tried to build the complicated version - clearly need a simplified one for the modellers with my skill!

RCD
- clearly need a simplified one for the modellers with my skill!
It must be a tough kit then, your skills are good.

Also known in US service as the 155mm Gun M1917, M1917A1, M1918M1 and was still in use in the US army in 1942 heres the Manual....

http://archive.org/details/TM9-345

note the wheels have changed to Pneumatic Tyres for motorisation but otherewise very little difference between this and the original French version...

And not suprisingly large numbers were captured and used by the Germans as the 15.5 cm K 418(f) so it saw service in numerous theaters throughout WW2..

So would be a good choice and probarbly popular

Cheers

I echo the call for WW1 French artilley (and crew). But I would rather buy the 155mm C15 or C17 Schneider, as the GPF made it to the front only late in the war and in small numbers, even allowing for the U.S. use.

All these guns were used by other nations later on, including the Germans. But it is the number of produced guns and the lenght of service history which make me definitely prefer the Schneider over the GPF.

There already is a 1/72 styrene kit of the GPF anyway, while of the Schneider, there is none.