Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: to Strelets: suggestions for Roman civilian life

I know this is perhaps far fetched, however in terms of Roman civilian life there are some really nice topics that could be covered. Unless I am mistaken, Linear-B intends to do a Roman house (not the insula which they already produce), for which one can imagine a number of things that don't currently exist (unless made by Nicolai):

- Wealthy Romans, i.e. in togas, big wigs for ladies etc.
- Shop keepers: perhaps even with their stalls. These models existed once in white metal, this could be made in plastic
- Dentist/physician: plenty of pose opportunities, just better than in the exisiting valetudinarium
- A day at the baths: but given that in those days nudity wasn't an issue, some of our collectors with a more "sensitive" disposition might object... But even there nudity could be suggested rather than shown if people really cannot cope (i.e. men/women lying downwards, covering with a towel, a slave dressing them etc.)
- A Roman funeral
- Rather than just Senators why not create a "Debate at the Senate", with arguing senators, others siting, voting etc.
- Foreigners (not slaves), Egyptians, Persians, Jews, merchants from all over the roman world etc.

Anyway, the possibilities are truly endless.... :-)

Re: to Strelets: suggestions for Roman civilian life

Strelets,

As there are several sets of Gladiators on the market I was hoping to find some sitting people etc. for a Colliseum. There is a company which produces a half circle type of inexpensive colliseum which I have been using as an ancient ruin. I have thought of buying another piece to make a complete circle.