Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
british dragoons egypt

i just picked up the light dragoons in egypt set.did someone on the forum say these could be used for awi as well?

Re: british dragoons egypt

I was looking back through my AWI books recently with just such a thought, but couldn't find any units with it. However the Perry's do sell a 28mm 16th Light Dragoon figures in a tarleton for the AWI, so I wonder where they got the information from?

Even with the tarleton the jacket is completely different as the braided shell jacket wasn't introduced until the 1790s.

no pun intended but didnt tarleton wear a tarleton?i was hopoing not too much changed between 1780's and 90's as it doesnt look like more awi figures are coming.

Hi

the Loyalist units eg the British legion and the Queens Rangers (Light Dragoons) wore the Tarleton with a dashing green uniform. If your a wargamer, its close enough though you could always do a few head swops

Lees Legion on the rebels side worn similar outfits

You can also use as British Light Dragons in the Revolutionary wars or later Pennisular

cheers