Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NEED ENEMIES

Funny you should mention Walmart, Alan. Periodically, forumers ask each other how they store their collections? For my hobby collection, I purchased 3 Sterilite 4-shelf storage cabints on summer close-out for $25 U.S. each ($97 retail). These things stand nearly 6' tall. I got about 25 Plano ProLatch clear plastic organizers at about $5 each on sale and Bingo! When I want more, I order online and they ship for free to the store for pickup. I've checked every other retailer online and instore such as Sears, Home Depot and Lowes, and the prices can't be beat. Their people actually do the best job at getting good quality items in bulk and keep prices low or have access to them online. I don't actually enjoy going into the stores because of the crowds like anyone else, which is why I order online, but it's no worse than most stores these days plus I've reorganized my collection and garage at very reasonable costs.

And when new boxes of figures arrive, such as Romans, Boer Wars, Zulu Wars etc., I just pop them into the cabinets on the shelves until I find time to enjoy them.

Say what you want, but I've got all my collection out of the sunlight, in minimal space, and all in brand new cabinets and organizers for under $200. I feel pretty good about this especially since I'm protecting the thousands of dollars invested in my collection.

I just noticed it's snowing outside right now, which means I'm going to have a White Christmas this year.

Happy Holidays & Happy Collecting!

Re: NEED ENEMIES

..And a merry christmas and happy new year to you.

Re: WE DON'T NEED ENEMIES

Dave
I am likely to have a wet Christmas 12-13 degrees C. Just right but a bit too wet for some. The money I save on heating can be spent on other things (eg model figures) rather than keeping multi national commodities investors happy with their fat profits from UK utilities. White Christmasses begin and end with Bing Crosby for me but each to their own.

I like the sound of your archive it sounds impressive. I used to get paid to do things like that but it was enjoyable-order out of chaos. Your solution is thrifty as well. Maybe some pics of it in the future.

I am afraid I have been side tracked into 1/76th scale die cast vehicles for the moment- WWII fire and rescue vehicles-Food Flying Squad column to come. No chance of anybody making the figures to go with them so I will have to make my own.

Good luck with your collecting

David

Re: WE DON'T NEED ENEMIES

Well Guys, lets see ...

The large, clear Plano ProLatch Organizer. The picture shows it's especially good for those who enjoy fishing as well ;-) I can stand up an Airfix Wagon, but doubt it's tall enough if based for Wargaming. Still, It's pretty tall w/3 long horizontal rows; all the vertical rows are separate pop-in/pull out dividers so any size:

Large Plano ProLatch Organizer/there is a great Medium size too:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Large-Pro-Latch-Organizer/16351078

Sterilite 4-Shelf Utility Storage Cabinet (They are $79.88 singles instore, but seasonal items ($158 is for 2):

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-4-Shelf-Utility-Storage-Cabinet-Putty-01428501-2-Pack/21910425

Sterilite Storage Box, 6 qt (99 Cents/OK $1 instore) great for paints, glues, sprews, parts, small buildings etc:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-Storage-Box-6-qt/17300767

P.S.

The Putty Colour is neutral enough to put anywhere in the house as well as garage to be used for towels, washroom supplies etc. If you've got children with Football cleats and muddy/dusty equipment, they make a great Foot Locker too. After my collection, I paid the $79.88 to put one in each room of my home.

There is no doubt I got lucky at $25 for the big cabinets at closeout. I always walk by the display every time I go there just in case. Walmart ain't Macy's! but they do have good values.

Cheers Mates!