Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strelets 6in Mark VII Gun

DaveH
Spanish Erik,

PDA and and Alan Buckingham, aka Chinese Gordon, love to come to this forum to point out to the Ukrainian Men of this Forum, they can't spell "ENGLISH" on their BOXES.

I think PDA wants to remind us Collectors of a Lessor God, "He's better".
To which I have already responded, saying that I was merely pointing out a typo that has been copied by many, though not all, model shops.

Since that response I have found this old thread:

http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2833323740&frmid=6&msgid=994615&cmd=show

which, if you read it, you will see contains these words from David O'Brien:

David O'Brien
...BTW getting the name right is important as internet searches will prove fruitless otherwise...David

So it seems it's not just me that thinks getting the name right is important.

@Spanish Erik. Lo siento por mi mal español. Estoy de acuerdo con usted. Yo no quiero luchar y discutir con nadie acerca de soldaditos de plástico. Creo que hay bastantes fabricantes que hacen suficientes soldados de juguete en todos los períodos de la historia para mantener a todos felices, lo que nos interese

Italeri's Morris Quad is another good (bad) example

It is actually a CMP Ford Quad not a badly distorted model of a Morris Quad. Type in Google "CMP Ford Quad" and you get the reference even a walk around of a British 3rd Division's preserved one. Every modeller in Canada out of sense of national pride must have told Italeri- It is not a Morris.

The error with the Strelets guns seemed to be one of simple transposition- the 8" howitzer became the 8" gun. Probably a cut and paste error and nothing to do with language fluency. The howitzers are cut down versions(length) of the 6" guns so if the gun was 8" the howitzers would be 10" which is of course wrong. The four guns are like a little family. Upset one and you upset them all.

Retailers etc see the mistake and they are in a quandary- do I correct or not? In the end they probably think it is best to leave it as it is. The error then gets a kind of "genetic" validation as in memetics* as more sequences of info transference validate it further. The gene grows in strength.

Nothing serious but illustrates the theory of cultural transference even in our little 1/72nd scale worlds.

David

*See Dawkins

Thanx PDA ,can´t agree most.A gentleman answer.For me,our diferences are over.
And....your Spanish is far better than my English.
After all,all of us,must be very pleased.There are lots of Nazi sets,but all periods (or almost all) are well (or in the way)to be covered.
Do you remember WW I sets last century?Airfix and nothing else.
So it seems that my Nazis are not breaking your bussiness.
I understand that you are a little jealeous,´cause all of us want more and more,but there is cake for all,for much time and for all periods,so enjoy!