Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.
I'd like to see:
1) 1st Afghan War - British, Sepoys, Afghans
2) French Conquest of Algeria - French Chasseurs, Foreign Legion, Spahis, Berbers
Am I likely to see either? No.
Wouldn't it be a great idea if someone made some WWI Austro-Hungarian Honved cavalry?
For me it has to be something completely new such as:
India, anytime between Clive and the great Mutiny, especially the Indian native forces facing Wellesley, a good start would be the British in Egypt, so loads of native troops needed.
More Ottomans of any period
Poles and Czechs for the Russian Civil War
Armies for the 1st/2nd Balkan wars
and of course fill all the gaps in the existing ranges!
I concur on the RCW stuff - we have the Red infantry and cavalry but sailors, Czech Legion and partisans would be great. What about some stuff for Spanish Civil War or even generic stuff that could be used for VBCW.
Egyptian Campaign Ottomans
Ottoman Line Infantry (Nizam I Cedit)
Ottoman Light Infantry (Albanians)
Probably the same as my last wish list although perhaps more lightly to appear after the release of the excellent Egyptian Campaign British and French, could these finally be the first Napoleonic Ottomans?
honestly i cant have a wish list.i keep changing my mind.
French 155mm gun
Mark V tank
Elizabethan horse (demilancers and reivers)
Late 16th century W. European horse (reiters, gens d'armes and millers)
Late 16th century Landsknects and Swiss
More ACW command
However I am not holding my breath on any of these for 2013.
Napoleonic French and British siege artillery would be excellent additions and I am sure they would be extremely popular.
I also agree with Brian (see above). More Turkish for Napoleonic period.
Napoleonic Ottomans are top of my wishlist
There are so many good idea on this list, favorites would be British nappy sege artillery and Arab revolt circa 1916-18 .I would like to see caesar do a sel of LRDG/SAS 1941/43 North Africa, with a pose or two to man the dragon chevy.For strelets a British 5.5 with crew ww2 ,Boer war artillery British and Boer.
As long as the WW1 artillery sets are ready for my Christmas stocking I will be happy and leave it to Strelets to produce more suprise WW1 sets!
Like some 1914 French cavalry, Chasseurs, dragoons, cuirassiers... anything!
This must be an easy task now. Most companys have already made the horses, the wheels etc. the only missing thing is the "cabin"...
maybe Strelets have a change of heart sometime.i think it is a gaping wound until SR decide to furnish us collectors with some inf cav and art for this range/psst make big sets for us market
Love Strelets stuff!
Hope to see continuation of current ranges, especially:
- Stalingrad (lets have Germans and Russians in hand to hand fighting poses)
- Dismounted US Cav
- Opponents for Jacobites
Would love to see some new ranges too:
- Cold War / WW3 (Nato and Warsaw Pact dressed in NBC protective clothing) I think that this is a real gap in the hobby. Having seen Strelets WWI Gas mask troops, this suggestion could be done well by Strelets and allow for some interesting wargaming. The M-16 is probably hard to model at 1:72 scale, but the FAL rifle as well as the AK-47 is probably easier to model than an MP40 (which Strelets has successfully done).
- Anything FFL (Camarone, Classic Legion in Algeria, Riff War, Dien Bien Phu) with opponents.
- 16th Century Renaissance
- Medieval Hungarians and Turks
- Anything Wild West (Apaches, Plains Indians, Mexicans, etc)