Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: AN OFFICIAL LIST-RE MOLD STRELETS SETS IN NEW COLORS

Rather than list every single set I want re-colored; I refer once again to my color guide;

Pre 1900s
French, Swedish, US: blue
Russia: green(pre 1900), Olive or brown(post 1900)
Prussia/Germany/Austria: flat black or gray
Britain: red
Rome: gray
Medieval: France/Scotland: metallic blue, Russia: met grn, England: met red
Ancient Greek & Carthagineans: gold or bronze.
Ancient Germanic: tan
Post 1900:
US, Aussie, Canadian & Brit: olive
Dessert troops: tan
Italy: gray

Re-mold existing sets in new colors, please.

It costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time to sculpt figures and to make molds. The actual casting of injection molded figures is one of the cheapest parts of the business. Sometimes the box costs more than the figures.

Running existing molds in new colors is very inexpensive. It costs nothing more to run a gray set in green or a green set in blue than to run the original color.

Many sets are sold out already. Why not re-run those sets and why not re-run them in a new color? The world economy is slow and this is a good way to boost sales to finance new sets or just to keep the company running.

Running old sets in new colors will cause no material delay in making new sets. It may even provide the capital needed to make new sets sooner.

Mike "Bunkermeister" Creek

http://bunkermeister.blogspot.com/
http://hystericalrightwing.blogspot.com/

Re: Re-mold existing sets in new colors, please.

THANKS MIKE! I totally agree with you.I hope STRELETS will run their older sets in new colors.BEST REGARDS!

Re: Re-mold existing sets in new colors, please.

A big box set, in new colors would sure do it for me. I think I'd prefere to duplicate my Romans, Middievil, and Normans/Saxons in one or two fell swoops. A couple of Sprues of something new, should help the painter/converters feel better too.

Re: AN OFFICIAL LIST-RE MOLD STRELETS SETS IN NEW COLORS

Yes, Russians WW1 till WW2 in green, Finns Winter War in grey new British guns in tan!!