Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Republican Romans enemies

I second that one for Mithridates. Actually, you could probably just do a series of generic sets of Hellenistic Greek enemies for the Romans, which would encompass the Late Macedonians, Seleucids and Mithridatids. A heavy infantry phalanx, Roman-influenced medium infantry like Thereuphoroi, two sets of light infantry (Greek-style and Eastern-style), armoured heavies, Greek-style medium cavalry, Asiatic light horsemen and some 'phants would do it.

Samogon
I second that one for Mithridates. Actually, you could probably just do a series of generic sets of Hellenistic Greek enemies for the Romans, which would encompass the Late Macedonians, Seleucids and Mithridatids. A heavy infantry phalanx, Roman-influenced medium infantry like Thereuphoroi, two sets of light infantry (Greek-style and Eastern-style), armoured heavies, Greek-style medium cavalry, Asiatic light horsemen and some 'phants would do it.

seconded,this i would love.

strlets can you answer my question please!!!

I second the Hellenistic Army of Mithridates. Those troops would be most versatil to use. The Hellenistic Armament was used by all the Mediterrean Armies of the Koine like Carthage, all Hellas, the Eastern realms, the Seleucids and the Hellenistic Egyptians/Ptolemaic Armies.

What sets would be needed to represent these troops?

1. Sarissa Phalanx - maybe two combat sets (one western in Tunica, the Eastern with trousers?), marching and before.

2. The troops on the wings: Hypaspisten, Thureophoroi, Thorakitai, Immitation Legionaries

3. Light Troops: Psiloi, Cretan Archers, Rhodian Slingers, Thracians, Pisidians

4. Macedonian Style Companions, Thessalians,Seleucian Cataphractoi

5. Elephants: Indian, African, Northern African with an without towers

This is about the time Israel came under Roman control. Perhaps some Israelites would make a good set. If not for this period then some Zealots to fight the Imperial legions would be nice.