Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sprue Colour

Plastic color is of no concern to me in either new figures or reissues, but thanks for asking.

Cheers,
Kurt

ps I very much like the sculpting on the Egypt range; keep up the good work!

So far the comments seem pretty much divided.I know some companies make the same set of figures in multiple colors.Perhaps this could be done or use a neutral color for the painters and [standard color]for the non- painters.Ex.Red for Brits-Blue for French etc..Just a thought!THANKS!

i like the various colours. please consider offering your sets in hues relevant to those listed in the psr guidelines. younger eyes are more likely to differentiate opposing forces by colour and be drawn into the hobby. later on they will pick out the details that are particular to the various units. grow the hobby of painting and collecting by making the figures easy to distinguish in the first instance. no garish tones need be used... thanks for the good question.

Colour is very important to me! I like "appropriate colours" ie Romans / WW2 Germans in grey, US Cavalry in blue, etc...

It's Friday and I just received my DACIANS Heavies, Lights, Cavalry, and Before Battle.

All 4 sets made in Teracotta Red - Wow! What awesome details - Just absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Get ready for Battle Romans - These are tough guys!

Thanks Strelets*R - GGGrrreeeaaattt Sets :-)

My wish list:

Crimean war cossacks in grey would be nice, to match their Ww1 counterparts.

Finish army Winter war in White for the snow would be appropriate

Romanian army WW2 in a different color to match Hat's Romanians

I would for sure! Do you want a list? Off hand, I would say all the GNW sets that were not blue or green! Same goes for Napoleonics! Bottom line, here is a color guide I would love to see;

French, Swedish, US: blue
Russia: green
Prussia/Germany/Austria: flat black or gray
Britain: red
Rome: gray
Medieval: France/Scotland: metallic blue, Russia: met grn, England: met red

Thanks!

Hi Strelet and folks,

I don't really care about the sprue color but if I have to choose, I like light gray best because I can see the details better.

VS