Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sprue Colour

Strelets
Dear friends,

In case that we re-release some of the older sets who would buy these sets solely because of the new colour that they would be in?
Thanks beforehand for your comments.

Best regards,

Strelets

No I wouldnt buy because of the sprue color alone, but I cant see it doing any harm either... Grey can be so boring...

Cheers

I paint my figures as well - however i do note that figures with a bright spru colour - such as red - need more than 1 coat of primer. So not in bright colours please.

Yes

It would depend on the kit, but for the most part, I would buy sets in a defferent color. I try and colect all the Orion sets in their different colors

Re: Sprue Colour - yes for me

I would re-buy a set for a different color.

Re: Sprue Colour - yes for me

I have collected Airfix figures by colour,although I no longer buy every set released, I would probably buy colonial sets and some of your older napoleonic sets again if the plastic colour were to change

Re: Sprue Colour - not bothered but.....

Not bothered but Pedro makes a good point. Whites and vibrant primaries are not very good for those who prime n'paint. For example those Emhar Crimean men & horses (7207 The Charge of the Light Brigade) in that vicious red (Ibiza tan ) which defies logic as the uniforms are mainly grey or blue and few horses come in those colours except in nightmares.
David

Re: Sprue Colour - not bothered but.....

if it gets some sets rereleased,sure ill buy more because of color.

Sprue color determines which sets I will buy! I would like the Winter War Russians ,RKKA ,and the WW1 Russians in tan or light green since all Germans are already done in gray! THANK YOU!

Hello Strelets,

I paint over a black undercoat, so sprue colour is really neither here nor there to me. i can appreciate that the colours mean something to some people, and it would be shame if an insufficient response prevented you from releasing some of the discontinued sets.

I can certainly say i would buy your re-releases whatever the colour, as i missed out on many of them the first time round.

Cheers, steve

Thank you for asking, and Yes, color does affect what and how many I buy. And I hope it's not just older sets, but also current sets in the future.

You do not mention which sets you're considering re-releasing, so I'll limit my comments to exactly what I would buy in new colors.

1. I would buy all of your Romans over again if they were made in Teracotta Red. (Note: I hope you'll make Roman Marines in Blue). Check out your box art for the Velites set to get an idea of how nice both sets would look in Teracotta and Blue.

2. I would buy again Crimean War British Cavalry 17th Lancers and Light Dragoons in Blue.

3. I would buy again Colonial Highlanders in Teracotta Red also.

Hope this helps and thanks again for asking! :-)

NO. Strelets Please Return to your commands in the field...

Esteemed friends. writing as a figure painting collector (i profess not very good one ). i do not mind which color is utilized for reissues as i will buy multiple boxes just for a specific group of figures content eg strecher party or musician/ band figure for conversion to Ottoman or Russian imperial armys etc to add to main body of collection.

yes terracotta color figures do show the definition very well, and PREFERED choice.

re releases mmh i think they should be cheaper as the molds usually appear to deteriorate.box can be a 2nd grade repro of 1st edition issue.

i rather see new gung-ho ACTION WAR MILITARY figures instead of re-release. I do not like roman period "petit bourgeois civillian cheese and wine officers mess guest party sets ".

So Strelets please leave Rome ,,,and return to your traditional commands in the field,and bring with you NEW reinforcements AND SUPPORT TROOPS.

Why not?

At least Strelets is one of the manufacturers from which you get figures in poses that are quite unusual. So what's the problem with civilians and similar equipment?

Nobody says that you have to buy them. But they fill a very big hole in our hobby, especially for people that like to build dioramas which not only show the battlefield.

There are much too less soldier figures in quiet poses anyway. I would rather like to see more resting, standing, guarding, eating and sleeping soldiers instead of the boring old trio 'march/aim/reload'...

Greetz,
Zed1

http://zedsnappies.blogspot.com/

Colour is irrelevant to me. Strong colours such as red are a pain to undercoat adequately.

However, I'd still buy the figures if I wanted them, not because of the colour of the plastic.

Yes, plastic colour is very important. I not take your Finnish WW2 in brown and Russians Civil War and Winter in grey are unacseptable. First should be grey and second ones green at least.BR

Plastic color is of no concern to me in either new figures or reissues, but thanks for asking.

Cheers,
Kurt

ps I very much like the sculpting on the Egypt range; keep up the good work!

So far the comments seem pretty much divided.I know some companies make the same set of figures in multiple colors.Perhaps this could be done or use a neutral color for the painters and [standard color]for the non- painters.Ex.Red for Brits-Blue for French etc..Just a thought!THANKS!

i like the various colours. please consider offering your sets in hues relevant to those listed in the psr guidelines. younger eyes are more likely to differentiate opposing forces by colour and be drawn into the hobby. later on they will pick out the details that are particular to the various units. grow the hobby of painting and collecting by making the figures easy to distinguish in the first instance. no garish tones need be used... thanks for the good question.

Colour is very important to me! I like "appropriate colours" ie Romans / WW2 Germans in grey, US Cavalry in blue, etc...

It's Friday and I just received my DACIANS Heavies, Lights, Cavalry, and Before Battle.

All 4 sets made in Teracotta Red - Wow! What awesome details - Just absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Get ready for Battle Romans - These are tough guys!

Thanks Strelets*R - GGGrrreeeaaattt Sets :-)

My wish list:

Crimean war cossacks in grey would be nice, to match their Ww1 counterparts.

Finish army Winter war in White for the snow would be appropriate

Romanian army WW2 in a different color to match Hat's Romanians

I would for sure! Do you want a list? Off hand, I would say all the GNW sets that were not blue or green! Same goes for Napoleonics! Bottom line, here is a color guide I would love to see;

French, Swedish, US: blue
Russia: green
Prussia/Germany/Austria: flat black or gray
Britain: red
Rome: gray
Medieval: France/Scotland: metallic blue, Russia: met grn, England: met red

Thanks!

Hi Strelet and folks,

I don't really care about the sprue color but if I have to choose, I like light gray best because I can see the details better.

VS