Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Figures for the crusader set 2 is up

Hallo everybody

on strelets webpage the figures for crusader set 2 is up,very very nice very usefull

regards

Flopper

ps.hej claus

Re: Figures for the crusader set 2 is up

IS THAT A VENETIAN PLAGUE DOCTOR !!!??
VERY VERY VERY MARVELOUS, FORMIDABLE!
EXCITING!

...but wasn't born in 1656's Black Death?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_doctor

The black death

"In January of the year 1348 three galleys put in at Genoa, driven by a fierce wind from the east, horribly infected and laden by a variety of spices and other valuable goods. when the inhabitants of Genoa learnt this, and saw how suddenly and irremediably they infected other people, they were driven forth from the port by burning arrows and divers engines of war, for no man dared touch them for if he did he would be sure to die forthwith. thus they were scatterd from port to port." De Smet

Cheers

Re: The black death

muchas gracias ironsides,
but the plague doctor mask is born later.
not that this is a problem with the set, i would buy this just for the plague doctor! (even if he miss the hat)

it reminds me someway the guy fawkes mask

again, most wonderful set

Strelets at their best

This is what Strelets excel at. Figures full of life and character except, of course, the corpse in the shroud....but then you never know.

David

Re: Strelets at their best

I agree with you David. I like the 3rd figure, top row. That has got to be St. Francis of Assisi. I could think of numerous religious based dioramas using that figure. Maybe the Strelets Team has got me started on a new trend!
Thank-You Strelets Team!

Paul K.

Dear Strelets,

yep, they look great. i love the way the facial features of the corpse in the shroud just poke through a little bit.

How about some lepers with bells?

will you be doing townsfolk or villagers in the future? Can really recommend a look at the Lutrell Psalter for inspiration.

How about a monastic set, with a fat abbot, monks/friars tending to the sick, reciting masses, giving the last rites, lay brothers working in the fields, brewing, baking, eating.

People hunting with hawks and hounds?

cheers, steve

the more i look to these figures, the more i like them. never happened before.
very good work, congratulations!

Absolutely love them - I hope you do the same for medievals as you did for Roman civilians. What we need now is a good range of 1/72nd buildings - there is some very nice 28mm stuff out there but it is just that bit too large, especially the doors, for 1/72nd. I wonder if Usborne books could increase the size of their card buildings as they suffer from the opposite problem of being true 20mm and by the time you get a based, mounted man next to them he is looking into the upper storey windows!

Absolutely amazing figurines. Beautiful!!!