Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: set 907 - a most beatiful set

This is a very good day for a lot of us. However, I would like to raise the attention to the figure present both in set 908, according to the "future releases", and in set 907, according to the news. Is this a mistake or not?

Thanks for listening Strelets

it would be great to see III AD roman legion as well...

?

Strelets
Dear Radu,

thank you for your message.
More masters for this set to come. Indeed, all previous Imperial sets will receive their officers.

Regards,

Strelets

Excellent News!!!!
Another wonderfull set!!
Cheers
paul

Congrats! Seems to me like the best Strelets set ever!!!

Excellent news indeed

I totally agree. Great set – thanks, Strelets! Guess even PSR won’t write their ‘typical chunky style’ comment this time. These figures will sell quick and become another must-have set.

Too bad we have no place to order from in the US.

The number of Centurions is very low, only two and one of them wounded, missing Optios on foot, and would not be wrong to see the crew of an onager or catapult, but it would be too expensive for a dozen of original figures and hundreds of repeated.

The bearded leader can easily be Adrian and Marcus aurelius (they match for the I-II c Ad period)

Trajan incredible well reproduced!! I hope the 1/72 figure keep the ressemblance!!!

But wat makes me sad about the relasing of this incredible figures is having to purchase AGAIN roman legionaries on the march+ roman legionaries befofe battle+ roman auxiliaries before battle+ roman auxiliaries in advance (for instance)....

Dear PNA,

kindly note that despite the size of the images, the masters are already in 1/72 scale, so there's no reason why the figures shouldn't resemble the masters unless something goes completely wrong in manufacturing stage. It's not that often that we have this sort of problems, so fingers crossed, that's what you should ultimately receive in plastic.
On another note creation of this set is being financed by re-issues of the older rank and file sets as we've explained on many other occasions. Command sets aren't economical any longer, that's why they come up in bundles with older sets.
Please be guided accordingly.

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Command sets aren't economical any longer, that's why they come up in bundles with older sets.
Please be guided accordingly.

Best regards,

Strelets

maybe it could be possible to make one command figure in each set..ie, the imperial romans on the march would have had a signifier, the romand in advance a centurion, the roamns waitng a cornicen and so on with other sets in the range. That way the buyer could obtain all the command figures and all the troops as well. Just a thought :-D
I´m sure the cast figures will be s good as the masters
Cheers
paul

Dear Paul,

the problem with this approach is that you have 4 identical officers in a set and if you also add another specialized figure you'll have wrong ratios of rank and file soldiers and officers.
Unfortunately there's no universal solution to all questions, that's where personal preferences come into equasion inevitably causing complaints from some collectors.

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Dear Paul,

the problem with this approach is that you have 4 identical officers in a set and if you also add another specialized figure you'll have wrong ratios of rank and file soldiers and officers.
Unfortunately there's no universal solution to all questions, that's where personal preferences come into equasion inevitably causing complaints from some collectors.

Best regards,

Strelets

You are right,
I thought this after I had posted the suggestion, there would be too many soldiers and not enough officers or better said, the wrong ratio.
Cheers
paul

Re: set 907 - a most "expensive" set

I am glad to see that the number of Centurions has expanded, I hope the same with the Optio.
How many more figures in the set are new more interesting will be the purchase.
Thank you

The mounted Marcus Aurelius and Trajan are easily identifiable, but who is the third mounted guy in the muscle cuirass with the sword? And the bearded officer on foot with the helmet in hand? Neither of them looks like Hadrian, who never led troops in the field anyway -- perhaps Septimius Severus? Or a generic military emperor from the post-Antonine period? Any other guesses?

Dear Radu,

as we promised in our earlier message, our web master has just added other masters for the set.
We hope that now you will have enough officers to conquer the whole of Dacia.
By the way, possibly you remember 2 Romanian movies made in the 60s about Dacian wars, this series was greatly inspired by those movies.

Best regards,

Strelets

istoria

www.romovie.com is a cool guy very quick to despatch in canada btw.

Thank you Strelets. Most appreciated.
Regarding those romanian movies about Dacia, done half a century ago, at the time they seemed ok. Now they seem naive, and not accurate enough.