Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: nice presentation as well

these are full of character and movement, and are a great addition to the range. i can just imagine them stopping off at a tavern (then halfway home wishing they'd used the pot before they'd left....)

On the subject of the cingulum apron, i agree that it is commonly associated with the lorica segmentata (although the protection was presumably more psychological than real), and most Marian Romans are shown without.

However (and i accept that the following are technically mostly imperial rather than republican per se, but i'm not sure that had a huge impact on army equipment), Barker in WRG 'Armies and enemies of imperial rome' shows an early 1st century AD legionary with apron and chainmail, whilst the osprey volume on the Roman army from Caesar to Trajan has several depictions of blokes with chainmail and aprons.

Perhaps it would be better to have some figures with it, and some without?

cheers, steve

Apron and Mail

Apron and Mail occur at Kalrieser so first century AD also theres a number of early Rhineland stele that show this combination no evidence for earlier use exists that I know of but I would give 50 years before Varus on principle to allow for development, so mid 1st century BC...

Cheers

Re: Apron and Mail

ill like the srelsy figure moust