Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SPARTACUS UPRISING

Strelets
Dear Giorgio,

this set is designed for Linear-B in line with their ideas and requests. Rest assured that this subject will be expanded/developed properly.
Best regards,

Strelets

Great news!!!!
Cheers
paul

great news indeed!
thanks to strelets for the ready answer and my excuses if i seemed a bit... too rude

No problem, Giorgio.
By the way, the Spartacus figure in this set will be substituted with another, although less uniformed, yet not less recognisable one.
Best regards,

Strelets

This is a great start to what looks like a fun set. One question is whether each figure will be unique or if there will be multiples of each as in the Strelets Mini-Sets. If the latter, there is a problem in that too many poses like the shaven-headed gladiator with the Roman and the guy with a head on a pike are really one-offs. If the former, you still need more ordinary gladiators or slaves fighting with cast-off Roman equipment. As it is, about half the figures are appropriate for the early uprising in which the slaves used kitchen and construction tools and their gladitorial weapons, while the other half are better for the later uprising, when they had captured lots of Roman arms and armor.

I'm sure that Linear-A will design period-appropriate Romans for these men to fight -- but if not, the Marian-Period Romans from Caesar and Italeri would be sufficient adversaries.