Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A little known subject - how Romania ended as an active Axis member

i think the word is foraging. But then is just a civillised word for what you describe. wild animals are fair game. alot more small birds were trapped for food in old days.stick bait and rock, slingshot catapult etc.

however I saw this in my adventures in africa nad middle east it is still going on even close to major tourist spots eg carthage and greek islands. it is an opportune food and cooked quickly.equivalent of a candy, very little is wasted.i think most soldiers always forage and finds are not always wild but hungry soldiers are hard to argue with.Bonds were sometimes issued but i wonder how many percentage were claimed back into currency.put yourself in soldiers shoes then local farmers both have a need to live at those times irrespective of nationality or belief etc.

yes is difficul matter about romania they were caught up in between a bad situation. there were many swabian germans of decsent in the north who settled and brought their ciustomary lifestyles still seen today in villages in the region. so i understand the claim to help them etc.i did not know of the polish populace but we learn something new each day.

Romania was rich in roman times for mining and also
later had mines with qualities used in gunpowder productin which was a major ottoman interest.
slatina area if i recall rightly used by the russians after cetate retreat.