Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Roman Market

"Because up to 4 items, P&P is about the same."

One of those strange conditions which will always deter me from buying with linear-b as postal prices depend on distance and the weight and size of the parcels and not on the number of items the parcels contain. Second, European non-EU countries and their postal services have concluded agreements of cooperation with the Deutsche Post/DHL which ensure that P & P for countries such as Switzerland or Norway are essentially the same as for EU-countries and there is absolutely no reason to ask for charges that would be normal for the US or other non-European countries. Serious German sellers do know this and act accordingly without making a fuss. On the other hand, customers from non-EU-countries have a right to reclaim VAT about which some sellers don't say one word. Serious sellers deduct VAT for these customers without being asked.

Dear Radu,

both sets will be released prior to 2012.
Please be guidded accordingly.

Best reegards,

Strelets

Frankly I am not interested in these sets. I chose not to collect Ancients a while back as producers seemed to offer the same old things and not develop ranges. The Nikolai sets look very nice but limited distribution always meant that I could source some things quicker and without postage (which is like a surcharge as we all pay it don't we? like tax, retailer's profit etc) so not this time, this life. I am very lazy with certain aspects of my hobby. If a company wants to make it hard for me to buy their products then OK by me I can do without as there are plenty more very fine fish in the sea.

Having sets or items commissioned by retailers or groups etc is not new it has been with die cast model vehicles for a long time and more or less led from runs of 12000 to runs of 200-300 and the price premium that goes with it. Linear B seem to be offering a very good deal to customers in Germany as they seem not to ask for an exorbitant premium (as is often the case with die cast models). Back to the die cast models world and the positive side has been that many brands have survived and collectors awash with money can still buy their collectors gems. Those wishing to start collecting think again and choose something else. Oxford Diecast for example have reasonably priced 1/76th scale vehicles and many new collectors have moved in that direction.

Coincidence or not every time I go into my local model shop there is always somebody buying a bundle of Zvezda Art of Tactic sets of both 1/72nd and 1/100th scales. This Zvezda range to me is a far more dynamic marketing mix than retailer commissions but not one that suits all. Those who have got the habit want more figures so whatever happens there will always be a residue of die-hards who will collect a period or a type of figure regardless of any impositions.

If it works for Strelets - good for it may mean diversification with less speculation. I have just ordered the Crimean artillery sets so I am glad these haven't gone to Linear B (Forgotten Scripts read it 30+years ago).

David

nice touch

Hey is nice strelets ask paul to paint test sprues for them. i look foresrd to see thst. Very encouraging of strelets to say that to Paul,he must be excited

Re: nice touch

Head for the guns hank
Hey is nice strelets ask paul to paint test sprues for them. i look foresrd to see thst. Very encouraging of strelets to say that to Paul,he must be excited

I am [
Cheers
Paul