Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
if it wasnt for firat we wouldnt have these

Really, and you can clear this with strelets, if it wasnt for Firat and his poll we wouldnt have these. Strelets kept their word and fitted them in. It was interstingto see the later figures with ammo box on front in Set 902.But we collectors take what we get when we can get it.cONVERSIONS are endless.

I havent done any for a while. i guess if i needed another Ottoman unit i would take CW Zouaves and French Inf Zouaves and take the turban guys and stick their heads on turkish infantry winter sets.Then i'd have kurdish infantry.

Re: no. the weapons etc are fine at this scale

I am sorry, but I really must disagree with you when you say "at 1/72 scale and below, who cares", particularly when it comes to the Turkish troops we are talking about. You only need to look at other models in that range to see that the difference is compelling enough to warrant extra sets.

Nobody is slamming Strelets, there's obviously a few people who simply think that the Turks for the Crimean war are not good enough for the later Russian-Ottoman war... There is nothing wrong with that and even if there are only 2 sources in English language doesn't mean that they are not good...

Yes, you are right, to have ONLY sources in English is sometimes limiting. But let me tell you this: I have several books in French about the Napoleonic army and they have many mistakes in their uniforms. At the same time I have Osprey books that have mistakes in them.... so no matter what, some give and take will always be needed.

Cheers
Philippe