Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Strelets British Lancers

What kind of headgear is the officer with the field glasses wearing - it is not a sidecap or a sun helmet. Any wisdom appreciated.

Re: Strelets British Lancers

I pondered that when the set first came out while painting them, I now think its a sun helmet, but not sculpted well,as I cant find anything else I think it could be. Although happy to be put right if there is a hat out there I have not considerd.

If you go on Duncan colonial wargaming page you will see on the first page under the camel corps a dude wearing a hat i have not seen before which may be the hat on the figure we are talking about. Any thoughts?

Pedro,Just had a look and cant see it, where is it in the first page ?

Darn - he changed his first page - but the headgear was almost like a cloth turban like hat worn by a trooper in the camel corps with a side insignia.

Duncan has a thread going at the moment over on the hat forum,why not ask him ? he does visit strelets but he can not of seen your question.good luck.

Got it - scroll down first page to older posts - it is the first older post called "war on the nile" - scroll down and there it is.

Got it.........no idea, but I am going to guess ,it could be a forage cap with nech cover,like the FFL kepi and neck cover....with the neck cover "up" ?

Makes sense - thanks for your help bud.