Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Idea for a new set

Sorry, but my PC can't see pictures done in Russian.

Excellent idea. However, I think that a Peninsular war British camp set would be better. I need a break from painting advancing infantry and love to do figures with a bit of character. Sadly, most manufacturers don't provide enough variety.
I can see British and Portuguese infantry around a camp fire, Spanish civilians and resting troops. A light dragoon brushing his horse and a heavy dragoon patting his on the head. Cooks cooking and ladies of negotiable effections plying their trade!
Back to the original question. Yes a good idea and I believe a popular one, but perhaps time for a Napoleonic set!

Absolutely! Love the way you're thinking Mr Strelets.
(Feel a bit sorry for the poor Bear though)

pleasese make turks, turkish camp and crimean camp vivandiers civillians

What are the contents you're thinking of putting in the big box? What new sets/sprews?

From the pictures that would upload, I can see I have already purchased multiple sets all of the SR soldiers shown, in addition to tents already on the market by Atlantic and BUM.

I like alot of the suggestions in the previous few threads regarding reissues and new sets.

Thanks for asking.

Absolutely

A camp is needed with all elements attached. Field kitchen, tents, all sorts of equipment.

Enourmous idea Strelets; Hurrah

Absolutely! All I have now are the Atlantic tents!

AWESOME ...GO FOR IT STRELETS

ABSOLUTLEY, RUSSIAN CRIMEAN CAMP THEN OTTOMAN CAMP(OTTOMAN tents will work for RTW CW crusader era also)

YIPEE YI YO!!!!big BIG BIG SET

GET THEM MADE I WILL PUT IN MY SILISTRA MEGA DIODRAMA NEXT APRIL-JUNE.
CETATE Diodrama teh tents made a few good scenes look realistic.TNX FOR THIS NEWS.

Hi camps are good but can also used for the ACW or FRENCH-INDIAN WAR or figs for the PACIFIC WAR WW2!!??

please emphasis on tentage

please we need 12 tents at least per set .i give you extra points if you put in a local caucasian cart.

I'm still waiting for your answer. What "NEW" sets will you put in the BB? 3 Old, 1 New?

4 New? Something New!, THAT would be attractive!

They all looked as though they were having a good time, impressive array of uniforms and equipment. Commemoration of the Crimean Battle of The Alma presumably?

IDEAS IN A NEW SET

LETS GET BACK TO THE OLD STRELETS-R SETS IF you DO A SPECIAL RUSSIAN CW CAMP SET FIGURES ETC.

tents lots of them 2 is no good . we need at least 10 per set. quarter master loading boxes onto a balkan cart(4 carts please, OXEN/water buffalo PULLING FOR A CHANGE AND more accurate ).more figures smoking pipe tobacco please.maybe band figures .i liked the sailor and cossack musicians how about accordion figure .
add balkan peasants.

Ottoman set as above porters carrying boxes backs arched ,head down etc. Mule ambulance ,side seats for turkish ambulance etc. roma caravan and oxen.ottoman tents plenty samples in ottoman tent museum, Istanboul.musicians which s-r do so well....thansks.
messenger pigeon handler. officer with falcon
wig wag messsengers.balkan peasants.
add turkish command and summer jacket figures only

SR YOU DO THESE SETS SO WELL

French Armys Camp is still available and very cheap this well known Ebay seller has been selling them by the hundreds for the last year at least..
I bought 2 sets...

http://cgi.ebay.de/1-72-Figuren-STRELETS-Napoleon-French-Army-Camp-ANGEBOT-/280519756768?pt=Standmodelle_Baus%C3%A4tze&hash=item415047cbe0

No connection to the seller..

Cheers

Strelets

A good idea and useful link

Especially the glamorous camp follower to include in the set(И с друзьями)see:

In the UK, camp followers look more "formidable"

and
Don't forget the geese.

There are some nice Nappy pics in some of the other galleries/postings and more glamorous,this time, Nappy type camp followers also a pic of a small Nappy camp.

David

Idea for a new set

Great.
Don't forget the ducks.

You could follow it up with a British/Turk and a French camp.

Re: Idea ... TENTS, TENTS, TENTS - KEEP SIMPLE

Tents, tents, tents. The great benefit of making sets of Single-Sprew Tents in many designs is that almost everyone would buy many boxes of each. Tents are useful for many eras world-wide.

BUM has done well doing this. I've got the generic (pup-tents) in White, Blue, Gray and Butternut to go with my ACW, Victorians, Roman Forts, WWI, etc. I've got the round ones for my Knights and Sudan (pushing it but nothing better yet). Atlantic got too expensive to keep looking for them on Ebay. Same with good TeePees in their nice, truely soft plastic.

KEEP IT SIMPLE - TENTS (TEE-PEES) ONLY. To me, the problems with BUM, Imex and the other sets of Accessories, is that you have to get all the other stuff in the same box that you don't need nor want. The extra stuff in fact discourages me, not encourages me, to buy any at all, or at least some.