Return to Website

Johnny O'Keefe Message Forum

For any questions or comments about Australia's King of Rock'n'Roll Johnny O'keefe.

Johnny O'Keefe Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JOK Television Days

Hi there ,

Just looking up some old nostalgia from early TV days in Sydney when I came across this site. When I was still in school I went to a JOK concert at the old Stadium and later went to Six O'Clock Rock at ABC Television. I joined Channel 7 in 1964 and worked on "Sing Sing Sing" ....later I joined Channel 10 as a Cameraman and worked on all the episodes of "Where The Action Is" thru 1967. I have many fond memories of working with Johnny and we sure had some good times on that show. I managed to save some photos taken on location shooting. Glad to get them on to computer and on to anyones website who may be interested.Yep ..we had lots of laffs ..( even got to drive his big black Jaguar )..running some errands in between shooting.May have to go dig thru my old pics, now to refresh the memories.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

Keith Woods .

Re: JOK Television Days

An interesting story...

Yes we will show some photo's etc on this site. Just send 'em through!

Thanks..

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi there ,

Just looking up some old nostalgia from early TV days in Sydney when I came across this site. When I was still in school I went to a JOK concert at the old Stadium and later went to Six O'Clock Rock at ABC Television. I joined Channel 7 in 1964 and worked on "Sing Sing Sing" ....later I joined Channel 10 as a Cameraman and worked on all the episodes of "Where The Action Is" thru 1967. I have many fond memories of working with Johnny and we sure had some good times on that show. I managed to save some photos taken on location shooting. Glad to get them on to computer and on to anyones website who may be interested.Yep ..we had lots of laffs ..( even got to drive his big black Jaguar )..running some errands in between shooting.May have to go dig thru my old pics, now to refresh the memories.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

Keith Woods .