The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snetterton.....

I've been sent the regs for the 2011 2CV 24 hr race - Snetterton 27/28 Aug.

Does this mean that the Clubmans races are now going to

a) all be crammed into one day
b) be spread across 3 days
c) be rescheduled
or
d) be cancelled/moved elsewhere

I hope c, as the aerial photos of the new layout look bloody impressive.

'roof

Re: Snetterton.....

Hi

I was not made aware that it was to be the 2CV 24hr race when the calendar was set... that race does indeed start at 1700 on Saturday and it is a 2 day meeting.

Now...in a conversation with BARC about this, it is the case that at present they have scheduled us for all events on the Saturday. They envisaged that we would not want 4 sessions in one day as that would indeed be very 'Crowded House' However they have room in the timnetable to give us 4 sessions each on that day OR>>>> we could even have one quali on the Friday 'evening'....

I will follow this up further in due course...

Jamie

Having just registered on the BARC website (now possible!) I note that they list the event as 26 - 28th. I.e. Fri - Sun, so perhaps they are already planning some official action on the Friday.....

Frankly 24 hours of 2cv action is definitely an instant Anadin job, pehaps we could find an alternative date.

Also i thought it was agreed that we would have 2 pratice at double header meetings since the number of laps for the races has been reduced.

...well, as it is a 24 hr race they have to have some dusk and night qualifying [ie Snetterton will once more vibrate to the sound of Dorniers...]therefore they can only run that on Friday and thus I imagine we could have a quali session on the Friday from about 1800 IF we wanted to do that...sometimes we have to make the best of a 'bad lot'... Equally we have to decide if we still pursue the social function on Saturday after the races; we would at least have some slow moving targets for the discarded bread rolls, or even the odd spare-rib with plenty of sauce could be well-aimed....