The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NURSE!

Thoughts are with Paul Freeman who is currently in the QE Hospital in Birmingham having had an operation yesterday on his spine... Paul has been in excrutiating pain for a very long time and standing [etc] in some very odd 'shapes'due to a herniated disc; apparently on opening him up the surgeon discovered that the disc had attached itself to his spinal canal and the consequence was that was ruptured and the poor chap had sprung a leak...Thus after a very long operation, PF is now flat on his back for some days, surrounded by a pleasant array of bedpans and bottles to try and contain any other leaks that his tired old plumbing might decide to visit on the world! 'Nurse!...Nurse!...'.Rumour has it that Paul's abject fear of Barry Webb running the workshop in his absence may produce a miracle cure Look out here soon for a photo of Paul in his surgical underwear!! You didn't know that was taken did you Paul!!!! Get well soon..

Re: NURSE!

I'm pleased that Paul is now receiving treatment. He did look in extreme discomfort at Oulton but laughed when I called him Quasimodo.
Will he be in hospital long? If so, do you have a ward name for sending a Get Well(Piss take)card?
If you can read this Paul, we/re all wishing you a speedy recovery.

He's hoping to be let out at the weekend all being well.
Between us we'll keep the updates on his progress.
Alison says that his sense of humour is holding up......so far!

Hi all. I've got more pipes in me than a badly plumbed Clubmans car! How many nurses does it take to fit a catheter? Thanks for your good wishes - looking forward to sitting up tomorrow!

Easy Paulie baby.............
Those nurses are just taking the p**s.............

...'how many nurses does it take to fit a catheter?...'well the answer to that could just grow and grow Get well soon, your Grid needs you!! Still, we're getting on well with redecorating the workshop to match the truck-pink looks much better, and we managed to finish tidying the engine bench and putting all the engine spares in their correct drawers today; we even took them out of the silly plastic packets and washed all the grease off the waxed paper. tsch tsch we couldn't find a thing when we started...We thought it would make more sense for the engine prep' area to be in a different place [to free up room for another car that arrives tomorrow] so we moved it upstairs in honour of how strong you'll be when you return; we reckoned that lugging engines upstairs would be just the thing to get rid of that winter baby-belly

Hi paul , both lorna and I wish you a very speedy return to good health , clearly you where in great pain at oulton park . take care of yourself . clive .

Hi all. Still piped up and lying flat. Not feeling so good but looking forward to another bed bath in the morning - it takes TWO nurses to handle me!!

Keep smiling matey
The prospect of the little Thai girl walking bare foot up your spine beckons...........
In the meantime relish in the possibility of two nurses handling you at once........
Fetch a cloth!

Good news Paul for when you get out of hospital. I've found a prostitute who charges by the inch. I obviously can't afford her but I thought it might be a cheap night for you. Ed'

Sven beat me to it Paul! However with a quick dive over the inside kerb at the Senna Esses I can retrieve this! I was going to write that, if it takes 2 to handle you, then that makes 3 with 1 for the cloth. Either your arithmetic has been destroyed by the anaesthetic or...have you actually checked on the medical procedure you have been subjected to? The clue could be in (a) the operation pants and (b) the catheter and (c)the broad grin on Alison's face!!

Webb and I will visit PF this afternoon. We're taking lots of aeroquip and a bleed bottle - that should sort him.........

Doc arrived with a set of BSP spanners and removed the aeroquip while Webbie and I were there today.

PF now sitting up and moaning - so obviously feeling better!!

He actually looks pretty good (for him) and they are hoping to release him into the community on Sun or Mon.

Great news! That just gives us tomorrow to finish off the workshop and right hand side of the truck then, could be a long session..

Need clarification of brown flag regs - significant requests for stooling today!

Ouch; that's been a while since we needed those regs; will have to dig that out then, maybe Granville can help.. Alex no help; I've sorted his car out [PH] for next weekend while he fitted the camera...

Some + news however, the Jim L car has been acquired by Tom Brown nephew of Creighton and he is flat out to make sure he gets to Croft.And Sven has apprently bought Paul G's old MK21 chassis clothed in Guy Parr's MK30 bodywork, so that should be interesting; coming to a barn near you very soon!

Tracy and I are away wef Sunday to Tuesday, so hope all goes well Paul and look forward to hearing you are back with us, and hopefully not just sitting on a stool in the corner

Ho ho