The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dunlop wets

Please help!! I need a set of Dunlop wet tyres. Has anyone got a second hand set available as my budget wont stretch to a new set.

Thanks

Re: Dunlop wets

Even better news; Dunlop currently don't have a new ones to sell you either. They are having problems with the mold.

Thats not helpfull. I was hoping that if it rains i can get some at croft.

Don't think you would have got them at Croft anyway Russ. When I spoke with HP Tyres they aren't at all the rounds, I seem to remember the next one they are at is Brands, although someone may correct me. I have some very VERY old castle cut wets you can have if you're really deperate.

I think in the light of the news from Phillip ref lack of Dunlop supply it would be difficult to enforce the rules ref Dunlop wets, until they are able to supply.
Jamie will have to confirm as the legal eagle, but it sounds like 'force majeur' to me.
Please note that Dunlop/HP support very few of our meetings. It's best to assume that they will not be in attendance unless otherwise communicated.

Hi all just back to this thread, if Dunlop cannot sell them we cannot enforce rule as Peter says. Therefore Russ [et al] until supply is sorted you can use the old Avon as an alternative. Jamie

Glenn Eagling has an almost pristine set of Avon Wets that was on my Mk23 I'm sure that you could come to an agreement :0)

All

According to Dunlop the wets should be available by the end of the month or just after; allow for the May Day Holiday and try then; in other words if available for Pembrey then we are back to the Regs!

Dunlop are now supplying the wets; what's the betting that it is going to be dry racing for the rest of the year!

Funny that i was thinking the same after just getting a set!!!! Congratulations all Cup and Proto racers on a guaranteed dry season hehe