The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oulton Park - 27 Mar - FOSTERS layout (short)

In case anyone hasn't noticed our race will be on the Fosters Circuit layout, this is the short one without the hairpins (1.66 mls) May be something to do with the Legends racing needing the short circuit ? I don't recall ever having done this layout in the past.

Re: Oulton Park - 27 Mar - FOSTERS layout (short)

We've used it quite a few times.....it's still fun.

Just remember to look out for anyone who misjudges pressure on the middle pedal at the Hairpin on the first lap. H'

Harty
Just remember to look out for anyone who misjudges pressure on the middle pedal at the Hairpin on the first lap. H'

So which bit do you term the hairpin Chris ? The exit of Fosters into Knickerbrook ?

Absolutely! I recall once hearing brakes locked up on my right side just before I turned into Fosters and decided to go straight on. Lucky because the late-breaker and I then went grass-tracking instead of him T-boning me. H'

So now having had a better look at the circuit map I am assuming that we do not use Hislops (Knicerbrook) chicane when on the Fosters circuit so the exit is straight onto Knickerbrook and up the hill. In which case the hairpin looks like it's the Apex in the centre of Fosters, correct ? Looks like I'll be off to a CoC new circuit briefing then

The 'hairpin' is Fosters, you do miss the Hislop chicane, so exit from Knickerbrook is a tad faster than on the longer circuits. So you probably arrive at Druids going a little quicker than before - be warned!!!!
Harty is right about the first (and other) lap potential for 'last of the late braker' action into Fosters.
Pete

Oulton Park Gold Cup 1983 Thundersports...Porsche Kremer 935k being chased down by Mallock mk24...being held up!!....all over Porsche thru the twiddly bits....blown away on the straights...comes an opportunity to outbrake into Fosters...gets alongside (ish)....left hooker Porsche turns in.....Mallock goes sky bound....Oh s!"*....

Timetable now available on the BARC website
http://www.barc.net/competitors/race_timetables/nw1001-01.php

Cup Qualy 9.45 - Race 2 (before lunch) and 7
Classic Qualy 10.35 - Race 5 (2.30 ish)

the fish
Oulton Park Gold Cup 1983 Thundersports...Porsche Kremer 935k being chased down by Mallock mk24...being held up!!....all over Porsche thru the twiddly bits....blown away on the straights...comes an opportunity to outbrake into Fosters...gets alongside (ish)....left hooker Porsche turns in.....Mallock goes sky bound....Oh s!"*....

The great day of Thundersports! Pity nothing similar exists now.