50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clubmans stand at Autosport show ?

This reported by Andy on the 10/10ths forum

"The Clubmans Register will have a stand at the Autosport Show, Stand No 6905, if you want to chat about any aspect of Clubmans racing."

News to me, any more details ?

Re: Clubmans stand at Autosport show ?

Did you navigate here via the Home Page.....?
If so, it's difficult to miss!

Haggispeed
This reported by Andy on the 10/10ths forum

"The Clubmans Register will have a stand at the Autosport Show, Stand No 6905, if you want to chat about any aspect of Clubmans racing."

News to me, any more details ?

I'm guessing but, do you come to the forum via a direct bookmark rather than via the home page of the web site? Try looking here first!

OK, OK, cosider myself told !
Good luck with drumming up new business

Folks

May I suggest that if your own members were not aware that you have a stand at "Autosport", & if your own members are not prepared to contribute to answer questions and promote your series via web sites/ Forums like 10-Tenths then you are in trouble.

You need to be proactive & each & every one of you has a responsibility to get others interested. If you don't then the (emotional & financial) investment that you have all made in your series will drop.

Drivers won't come to you unless they know about you. Better communications is definately needed. Sorry to be so blunt.

Hello Andy. If you see the Clubmans Proto stand you will be gobsmacked to know that it was a last minute arrangement agreed just 10 days ago. If it weren't for the incredible work of Marcus Bicknell, Adrian Lester, Jamie Champkin, and particularly Paul Gibson and his team we wouldn't be there with show brochures, graphics, very expensive (borrowed) display equipment and car.

The news was prominently displayed on our site's home page within days of us knowing we had a stand. The 10-Tenths link from the Forum didn't work and wasn't a priority considering the mountain of work involved in implementing the stand's logistics. Please don't think nobody cares - this is an example of those mentioned, plus many others, all working as a team, whilst holding down their day jobs, to further the Clubmans message. Ed'

I think Chris sums this up, it was a last minute offer that the register has taken full advantage of by the hard work of a group of people. Wish you all the best of luck, shame I'm not going to the show again this year.
Yes I do get to the forum via a direct bookmark so that's why I didn't see it on the home page.

Andy does make a good point though, we could easily improve our public presence though web discussion activity, once people discover our formula they realise what a great place it is and that club motorsport isn't just about tin tops or very expensive one make bilke engined cars or single seaters, but we need to get more external interest.

I did visit the stand yesterday and it looked good. It is easy to be a critic and I apologise for that; I do know how much effort goes in to these things as I am on the Committee of the CSCC & another organisation, as well as working. I wish you well, but I do think that things like 10-Tenths and Pistonheads are good resources that can be used to get information out (albeit slowly, sometimes), as well as direct mailings to anyone that has shown interest in the past. In the longer term it might be worth getting someone like Marcus Pye into a new proto car - maybe give him (or one of the other Autosport journalists with a race licence) a track test of a Classic Clubmans, an existing K series car and a new Proto car for comparison purposes? Are you running a Test day this year?