The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2018 Regs

Apologies if i've missed details within the forum, (also a bit rich as ive not yet been out in anger yet), but i'd just like find out if BEC are allowed.

Reason being, the regs on the site say last updated Feb 2017, although cater for BEC, but an add on Racecarsdirect suggests the following with no mention of BEC within the other two CSP categories:

"CSP1 = up to 200 bhp, up to 2 litre engine capacity, and a 8500RPM engine limit. Modern cars are combined with the Classic A class cars of pre 1980's".

Maybe the regs aren't out or i've missed the link on the site etc etc.

Regards,

Sam

Re: 2018 Regs

Hi Sam

I believe they are . Regulations link is on the top left of the website but not on the left hand tabs. It seems to 2017 regs and not updated for 2018 which is not ideal, hopefully someone can clarify.

- PROTO CLASS
5.7.4 A production based naturally aspirated 4 cylinder car engine having a maximum swept volume of
2000cc and with maximum 200 240 bhp at the flywheel and a maximum engine speed of 8500
rpm.
5.7.5 A production based naturally aspirated 4 (maximum) cylinder motorcycle engine having a
maximum swept volume of 1600 1300 cc and with maximum 200 240 bhp at the flywheel.

You will find the 2018 regs on the BARC website. Look under the championship and click on downloads.
Let me know if these don’t answer the questions.
Pete.

Here's the link;

https://barc.blob.core.windows.net/barcnet/2018-championship-reg-72vql.pdf

Many thanks to all replies, apologies for delay in answering.

Regards

Sam