The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Silverstone and Oulton

Michelle
We have however, sent an email to IW at BARC explaining our 'unhappiness' with ticket situation and entry prices, and we will discuss with him and Silverstone over the weekend.
We agree that it is important to investigate comparative like for like alternative organising clubs. Whilst we may be paying a little over the odds, our timetables have been excellent so far this year, unlike the poor Classics/HSCC lot, who more often than not find themselves bookending the day. BARC are also in the process of launching BARC.tv, and are working hard to increase social media and online presence. We need to be careful not to get too sucked into believing it's 'greener on the other side'...but for sure do the objective research.

Totally agree about the timetables Michelle and as you say your looking into the comparative like for like so we cant ask for you to do more ,on the whole we are treated well by BARC and if questions raised can be answered all the better.
Rain Dance you just watch that knee ,see you Friday evening

...indeed, agree with JL and MH. BARC are very good to us as a whole and have been over many years esp re garages and timetables etc; that is why I did argue with certain others over what benefit in that regard Classic would get at HSCC except the bare presence at historic events... However the question has to be asked what of direct benefit we are getting that other Clubs don't give when we are charged more like for like ... or more directly: why are they more expensive?...

Hmmm, first of all i think it's a shame i can't join you on track! Yes 3 tickets would have been fine for me but last time (2015) i didn't even get any tickets and had to get them when arrived on track, wasn't happy with that!
Compared with our DNRT races BARC fee isn't into cLUB racing anymore, we pay 250 euro for mostly 1 day events with 1 quali and 3 races.
Entrance to the paddock is free!!! DNRT are smart, they don't ask entrance to the track but ask 6 euro for a parking place near the track and we all know that's cheap!!

Over all i have been happy with the service from BARC but as we all no it's all about the money

Have a nice weekend!